What's new

Where to buy Out-of-Print CD's... (1 Viewer)

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Hey gang,

I've been having a heck of a time finding an OOP CD. It's a Kool Keith/Godfather Don collaboration, under the name of the Cenobites.

Anyhow, it was pressed on Vinyl and CD in 1995 (I think) and the label, Fondle 'Em, has been disbanded.

I've found one website that has the CD, kosmosrecords.com but they are located overseas.

Anybody know of any websites that could help me out?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Jerry Hostler

Stunt Coordinator
I recently bought the OOP Prince Of Egypt soundtrack on e-bay (sealed even). That is one option.

Jerry

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Best place to hunt is GEMM. It acts as a clearing house for a bunch of independent music shops around the world. There's a wealth of catalogue material on there that's hard to find elsewhere.
Basically, you can search for an artist, title etc, and you'll get back everything in stock in each of these shops around the world.
This is a search for Link Removed and seemed to return what you're looking for.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Brian covered GEMM which I visit often. However, truth be known, I have had better luck with OOP material on E-Bay lately.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
If you don't like the hassle of bidding you might try half.com. I have found a few OOP CDs at a lower price than on E-bay.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys!

Brian, I checked out the link you provided and that is indeed what I am looking for.

I've searched for it on Ebay in the past, but only found it vinyl and I'd prefer to have it on CD so I can play it in my car.

I'd never known about GEMM before, it's a damn cool site. I've recently had luck finding 2 OOP titles I was looking for, but this Cenobites one has been a struggle. But half the fun is finding out about sites like GEMM that I'd never heard of.

Thanks again!

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
You're welcome, Jason. I first found out about GEMM when another member of the HTF was looking for obscure music & that site was mentioned.

Gotta love the HTF!

And Jeff, GEMM is completely at the mercy of the retailers - if you're looking for something they can't get, then GEMM isn't going to be any help, obviously.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Actually, upon further review, the GEMM site had only one copy of the Cenobites, and it was $39.95 - a tad overpriced.

The other Cenobites albums were a different group with the same name. I'll have to keep checking GEMM and Ebay, and with any luck I'll find either the Vinyl or CD at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks