What's new

Where to Buy Men's Business Bags? (1 Viewer)

Phil_L

Second Unit
I need a new bag for work, something leather, sleak, not to be confused with the traditional briefcase that my father carries or the messenger bag that our bike messenger carries. There are lots of nice LV or Ferragamo bags, but I don't want to spend $1200 just for a bag!

Has anyone found a nice, professional, bag for under $500?

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
I sure hope so! Or did you type an extra zero there by mistake?

What do you need to carry in it, & what's wrong with a briefcase anyway? Are you in a job where you need to impress people by having expensive stuff?

Phil_L

Second Unit
I need it mostly to carry slim files, pens, cell phone, business cards, but it needs to look good too.

ChristopherDAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
AE5VI
I use a Land's End bag which comes with a strap and a padded laptop compartment, both removable. It's black ballistic nylon with black leather and brushed chrome fittings, and it's monogrammed. Quite convenient, looks good, and comes with a lifetime guarantee. :emoji_thumbsup:

Nathan*W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Nathan
You can buy a men's bag at the same store that sells the Manzierre®. ;)

Hunter P

Screenwriter
I bought a man-purse...err, I mean "men's business bag" for around $200 that looks professional and simple. I just went around to the local shopping malls and factory outlets, focusing mainly on the leather stores. I don't think I could shop online for something like that even if someone recommended a specific brand and model to me. I still need to touch it, open every pocket and unzip all the zippers.

Mark Dill

Stunt Coordinator
Holy crap - I found a nice imitation-leather briefcase-looking bag with a shoulder strap at Target for $20. You guys are insane.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member

How long will it last? How much weight can it carry? Does it look and feel like a $300 bag? Is at as comfortable as one?

If this is something you just buy once and it lasts you for years, no reason not to splurge a little.

EugeneR

Second Unit
I second ebags.com. Their prices are unbeatable, they have good customer service and they carry some nice stuff.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I got my wife a nice kenneth cole bag at the Wilsons Leather store in the mall this past summer. It was about $150. She's pretty happy with it. It could be used by a man or a woman.

BrianShort

Supporting Actor
Couple hundred for a bag doesn't seem unreasonable. Much over $500 though starts to get into the "status symbol" range though, without adding much functionality or quality. Then again, I was recently looking at some very expensive leather jackets ($800 - $900 or so), and they did look and feel VERY nice.

Mark Dill

Stunt Coordinator

Lasted 5 years so far, no complaints.

This is not a huge bag - can carry a laptop and a couple folders, not much more. Suits my purposes fine though.

Probably not, but who cares? It is black, looks like leather and all the "hardware" is a nice brushed aluminum look. Looks nice to me. Do people really make value judgements based on someone's man-bag? If so that is just sad.

It is quite comfortable too.

No reason not to splurge? I guess if you're a millionaire, that might be true. But I like to put my money towards things that actually matter.

I got mine on clearance by the way - I think it is typically closer to $40. They probably still sell something similar, let me check their site.

Hmmm, nothing really like mine, but when you can get something like this for $60 - $80, why spend more?

$80 bag

Phil_L

Second Unit
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I think I am going to get this in black. It's also made in the USA, which is a plus.

EugeneR

Second Unit

You mean "matter to me," don't you? I'm sure many of your money-spending choices would be mystifying to lots of posters on this board. They, however, would be just as rude to claim that your choices make no sense and that they, in contrast to you, spend their money on things that "actually matter."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks