Where To Buy In Seattle ?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul Boyle, Dec 27, 2002.

1. Paul Boyle

Paul Boyle Stunt Coordinator

Hope I have posted in the right forum (I'm sure I'll be told / moved if not!)
    I have a buddy visiting his folks in Seattle & I asked him to have a look round for the Band Of Brothers Tin for me (R1 is a better option than R2 - DTS & extra extras)
    Where is the best price likely to be in the shops (we dont have time to buy online B4 he comes back across the Pond)
    TIA & seasonal greetings ... Paul [​IMG]

2. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    If your friend's folks or one of their friends has a membership to a warehouse club (i.e. Costco, Sam's Club, or similar), that's probably where he'll find the lowest price. Both Costco and Sam's have clubs in the Seattle area.

Otherwise I might check Tower Music & Video. I bought a bunch of stuff there when I visited and didn't think their prices were too bad (though at that time I was more into music than DVD's, so I could be wrong about movie prices). Prices at one of the discount mega-chains, like Wal-Mart or K-Mart, might also be reasonable. Wal-Mart's website advertises a price of $77.58. I'm not sure if that's an in-store price or just on-line though.

3. Paul Boyle

Paul Boyle Stunt Coordinator

Malcolm - thanks - I think he said he'd be able to go to Costco so that sounds as good as anywhere from what you say
    Paul [​IMG]
    Any other suggestions ?

4. inazuma

inazuma Extra

Paul,

I'm in Seattle and also recommend Costco, assuming your friend can get in. Last I checked they had it, but don't recall the price. Got mine online. Circuit City and Best Buy also have it -- Circuit City for $89.99 and not sure about Best Buy. Have him check Wal-Mart and Target as well, but their stocks are usually low since prices are decent.

Good luck!