What's new

Where to buy high quality blank CD-R in Toronto??? (1 Viewer)

Salvador

Second Unit
My kodak's are running low so i'll be needing a replacement for them. Since kodak doesn't make cd-r's any more i need to buy another brand. Taiyo yuden has a good reputation for making excellent blanks but i don't know where i could get them locally. Does anyone know where i could get high quality cd-r's here in toronto?

thanks

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Taiyo Yudens are OEMs for Fujifilm discs. Get Fujifilm discs

Salvador

Second Unit
the only place i've seen fujifilm discs is in radioshack and they are quite expenisve there. any other places that sell fujifilm?

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
At the risk of sounding dumb, what are the differences between these Fuji CDR's and another brand like Sony?

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Well, one major thing is the dye. Taiyo Yuden's are (i think) silver silver, whereas other brands like Verbatim and sony are like blue-green kinda thing. Silver-Silver gives a better reflection than blue green.

TY's are supposedly also able to burn faster than they say.

I dunno anything else why one brand is better than the other, but I generally go with a silver-silver (or silver-green) dye, rarely any blue ones.

In silver-silver discs, its a light colored grayish green, where in green-silver (i think) its a darker green thats not as pale as silver-silver. And blue is a blueish-green tint.

DougRogers

Stunt Coordinator
Actually TY disks are blue or green. But anyway, you can go read all about them here:
CD-R Dye
and
CD-R Quality
I don't know of any B&M places in Toronto but I have several links for websites that sell quality discs at fair prices. If you want them let me know.
Doug

Gui A

Supporting Actor
The big Black's camera store on Yonge & Dundas has a lot of fujifilm 10pack in slim cases for about $11+tx

Salvador

Second Unit
actually our local buniness depot outlet sells the 50 packs of fuji's for $50. I check with cdr-info and they are in fact taiyo yudens.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
C&p Superstore
2899 Steeles AVE West unit 20
416-667-1668
During the show(2 weeks ago) they had Taiyo Yuden 100 disc spools 1-32x for only $28;00 ... regular $40
Call em up see if they have any!
Thank you and have a good day:)
Brent

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Honestly, I've been using the Memorex discs that they sell at Future shop for over a year now without any problems (I've gone through about 150, and can't remember a significant number of defects). Spindles of $50 are $30 or less (depending if they're on sale that week). I've actually found that the quality of cdr media has levelled out in the past couple of years. While finding working discs (that worked on a consistent basis mind you) used to be a problem, it seems that all CDRs are getting closer to being created equal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks