where to buy HDTV in Delaware?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dennis P, Sep 15, 2001.

1. Dennis P

Dennis P Auditioning

I'm considering the Sony KV-32XBR450 which I see crazyeddie.com has for the incredible price of $1527. I'd rather not buy a TV mail-order, however, fo obvious reasons.
    I live close to Delaware and am willing to drive there to save the sales tax. I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has good experience with a reputable TV retailer in the Wilmington, DE area.
    Thanks

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

One bit of advice, driver VERY carefully on the way back. The State Police LOVE to slap you with citations for bringing stuff in w/o paying tax
    Jeff Kleist

3. Dave K

Dave K Extra

Not true. You can buy as much stuff as you want in Delaware and bring it back. There used to be a big fine for bringing back liquor, but that was changed years ago. The only thing you'll pay sales tax on is cars (when you go to register it). I buy everything in Delaware, cars included. Delaware stores will even deliver to PA with no problem.
    There are at least two Tweeter (aka Bryn Mawr Stereo) stores in Wilmington area that carry the set you are looking for. They have a good return and upgrade policy, as well.