What's new

Where to buy DVD cases? (1 Viewer)

John_VI

Second Unit
This is VERY small potatos, but I just bought TurboTax and Quicken, and each came with a very nice Amaray case! Two down, about 40 to go!! I'll have to check BB on the way home tonight.

BrentJ

Second Unit
I wouldn't mind checking the dumbsters at Blockbuster. However, I just feel like one of their employees (probably some hot chic) will come out and go sir what the hell are you doing?

I may have to just take my chances on feeling like a bum.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
The couple of previously viewed DVDs I brought from the local BB came with the original cases, with a BB sticker on them.

John_VI

Second Unit
My luck, I'll go dumpster diving and come up with a big smelly trash bag filled with snapper covers!!!

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
This reminds me of a story of a person who always checks the trash in our neighborhood for cool items. He's scored old computer monitors, computers, printers, tvs, and the like. I wrapped some garbage up and had to throw away this old dell box too - so I threw the garbage in the dell box and dck taped the dell box. 30 mins after I put it out the guy came and picked up the dell box and put it in his truck bed...I could see his wife's face when she opened the box "THIS is a computer?"...

:angry: :emoji_thumbsup: :star: :D

-ELmo

DanC

Stunt Coordinator
Chet, if you have a local Dollar Tree store that might be worth checking. My local DT sells them 3 to a pack (single cases) for of course $1 a pack.

John_VI

Second Unit
SCORE!!!

Went dumpster-diving this morning on the way to work and scored 115 single Amaray-type cases, 5 slim doubles, and 5 single white cases!! That ought to keep me going for a while.

Andy Overby

Stunt Coordinator
John_VI - Great!!!!

In the past two weeks, Ive stopped by several blockbusters and in total, Ive taken in over 700 cases!!! Ill never need to buy another one ever!

We need all do need to be careful though, because sure as the world, they will take notice and try to start selling them!

Luck to all who look!

-Andy

John_VI

Second Unit
Andy - I wish Blockbuster all the luck in the world in selling the cases. I did a quick search on eBay yesterday, and there were dozens of auctions selling cases of every type. In fact, there were over a dozen auctions scheduled to end within the hour that had ZERO BIDS. So in essence, these cases are either worthless or people who are looking for them don't buy them at eBay.

BTW, my wife gave me tremendous grief for my dumpster-diving excursion! She forbade me from bringing the cases into the house before I cleaned every last one of them!! LOL!! (Not a bad idea, though, I must admit).

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
BTW, my wife gave me tremendous grief for my dumpster-diving excursion!
John, you must be a newlywed. You're not supposed to tell, her, man! :D

I peeked into my local Blockdumpster and found a very large bag of...VHS cases.:frowning:

I shall keep looking.

Jon

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
:)
The local Target carries TDK brand DVD/Game cases in a 10pk for $6.99. This is the first time I noticed Target carried any cases, except jewel case packs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks