What's new

Where to buy Denon 1910 DVD Player? (1 Viewer)

matt-f

Second Unit
You can pre-order the unit from Crutchfield.

However, you may want to wait because the DVD-S97 is comming and it has Faroudja! =)

John*DB

Stunt Coordinator
But my projector already has a Faroudja chip. Does it really help it if BOTH proj and DVD player have it??

John*DB

Stunt Coordinator
Crutchfield has no mention of the 1910. Search brought zero results.

I am beginning to think the player might not exist.

Too bad.

matt-f

Second Unit
John*DB:

You only can pre-order on the phone - that's why it isn't listed.

However, some people on AVS already have it and giving their input. If you look in there, there are two threads reguarding it. Also you'll see S97 threads there too.

Levesque

Supporting Actor
In Canada, we usually have the new Denon players 3-4 weeks before the USA...

I think Denon are doing this to compensate canadians for the fact that they sell all Denon products to us at 2X the US prices... :D

I have a 1910 since 1 week, so I can confirm that they really exist! :D

It's performing pretty well over DVI, and I find it a bit superior (if we talk about PQ only) to the Zenith DVB318 that I also own...

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
The 1910 has faroudja too, and at $50 less than the S97. It's also not clear whether or not the S97 scales to 720p or 1080i, it may just pass 480p over HDMI. Currently most Tweeter/HiFi Buys have the 1910 in stock in the warehouse but not in stores or on the floor yet. They can get them to you in 1-2 days though.

John*DB

Stunt Coordinator
my projector already has a Faroudja chip. Does it really help it if BOTH proj and DVD player have it??

Matt Obie

Grip
I bought one last night at a B&m Store. (Milwaukee)
I didn't get a chance to hook it up yet. Paid $250

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member

Using a Faroudja prog. scan, the deinterlacing (and possibly scaling) is done in the digital domain. Rather than the PJ's Faroudja taking a guess at the video signal that it is receiving. A cleaner picture. My X1 has faroudja active over the S-video, and I definitely prefer it with the prog. scan DVD.

I'll watch for the reviews on this. I'm probably going to ditch my Zenith 318 for the Denon 1910 or perhaps this new Panny in a few months.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know if the silver version of the 1910 (i.e. DVD-755S) is currently shipping? I've contacted a number of dealers in my city, but no one has it in stock, and at least one wasn't aware that the entry line models came in silver (I have to admit that I didn't either, until today :D ).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks