Where to buy Canadian & British postage in the US??

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by todd s, Oct 24, 2005.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I write for autographs from celebs. When I send over to England, Australia or Canada. I need to send a IRC (International Reply Coupon). But, they are hard to find and require the celeb or their assistant to exchange it for whatever the return postage to the US. Is their anyplace in the US to buy English and Canadian postage?

Thanks!

2. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

I wouldn't think they'd be available in the U.S. You can buy them online from the respective country's postal services:

Canada Post

Royal Mail

3. andrew markworthy

You could also try stamp dealers (but expect to pay a premium, obviously). However, I think Thomas's suggestion sounds the best one. I've had dealings with Royal Mail's philatelic section and they have never been less than totally helpful and polite. Perhaps explain your situation in an email - I find it hard to believe that your request is a unique one and they may be able to tell you of an American supplier or an alternative method.

4. Chris Lockwood

Chris Lockwood Producer

It's too bad we don't have any members in those countries, or you could just send them money & they could send you some stamps. [​IMG]

5. andrew markworthy

Chris, I've no problem with this, but I suspect that Royal Mail will be able to do it for the same price and more efficiently!