Where to buy bulbs for a Runco CL-710 Projector?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Todd_Brown, Feb 19, 2005.

1. Todd_Brown

Todd_Brown Second Unit

Looking for a bulb source for a CL-710. My local company who built my theater wants way too much for replacement bulbs. Looking to find a source that I can buy direct.
    Todd

2. Travis_R

Travis_R Stunt Coordinator

dunno, projectorpeople.com doesnt have them for runcos, did you try a google search? although I have heard that the lamp for the BenQ PE7800 and PE8700 are the same bulb as in the runco 710, probably are since the runco 710 is a PE8700+ with a different case and lense

3. Todd_Brown

Todd_Brown Second Unit

I talked to projectorpeople.com, apparently Runco prefers brick and mortar outlets for sales (meaning prices are jacked). No one on the web seems to have them.

I'll check into the BenQ idea. Thanks for the tip.
    Todd

4. Travis_R

Travis_R Stunt Coordinator

hey its worth a shot, see what projectorpeople.com return policy is, you could maybe order one and take a good look at em side by side to see if they are indeed the same, if not just return it, im about 98% sure they are interchangeable, but hang on to that OEM bulb cuz if Runco finds out you didnt use one of thier jacked up in price bulbs it will void your warranty, but what they dont know wont hurt you

5. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

Something odd here about buying a Runco and then complaining about their stuff being expensive ...

Regards