What's new

Where to buy AVM20? (1 Viewer)

Tony_Kot

Auditioning
I need your advice guys - where to find a good deal on Anthem AVM20. I tried a couple of places, but they all give me $3300 price range. I've seen some people got the unit for around $3000 or even less. Can you share where can I find a good deal like that?

Thanks

PS. Also, is it true that Anthem warranty is not transferable, which means I shouldn't buy it used since I will be out of warranty? Or it's not true?

Tony

Tony_Kot

Auditioning
Forgot to mention - im in Los Angeles, CA area. I thought maybe to buy it from out of state dealer to avoid sales tax, but it seems that Anthem prohibit dealers from selling their product out of their geographic area... Is this in fact the case?

JimmyK

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
It is my understanding Anthem requires you buy from an authorized dealer. I don't believe they allow them to ship to other state, either.

I did a search on Anthems site using various zip codes for cities within a reasonable driving distance and found several dealers. I then called each dealer and asked for their best cash price.

Some dealers would not quote prices by phone, some would only quote full retail, saying that I would need to come in for a better quote. I did find a dealer about 100 miles away that quoted me $2899.00 (cash deal).. I took this information to a dealer much closer and he matched that price for me providing I would pay cash.

I was not willing to risk having no warranty on such an expensive and complicated item which is why I went through all the trouble to find an authorized dealer.

You might try doing a zip code search for other cities within driving distance and see if you can get a better price.

JimmyK

Chas_T

Supporting Actor
PS. Also, is it true that Anthem warranty is not transferable, which means I shouldn't buy it used since I will be out of warranty? Or it's not true?
This is correct. Anthem's warranties are NOT transferable. If you buy a used piece of equipment private and NOT from an authorized dealer. NO warranty.

IF you buy a used AVM-20 from an authorized dealer, I think the warranty is transferable.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks