Where to buy Anthem Amps

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Troy TN, Apr 9, 2002.

1. Troy TN

Troy TN Stunt Coordinator

I plan to buy a 3-channel amp like the new Anthem MCA30. The problem is I cannot find anywhere to quote me a price or even offer it to me over the net. I checked the Anthem website for authorized dealers and checked a couple like www.6ave.com, www.soundcity.com. I contacted both and none are allowed to sell Anthem over the net. They told me I will never find a NEW Anthem via the internet and if I did it would be for full MSRP only.
    Does anyone out there have a reliable vendor that has fair prices on NEW anthem amps?
    All other brands of 3-channel amps seem to be much more expensive for the same watt/watt performance. I need an amp with a 12v trigger or auto on feature.
    Send some vendors my way please. There must be some fellow HT patrons here that have gotten Athem products at decent prices?
    Thanks

2. Doug_B

Doug_B Screenwriter

I bought my AVM 20 from an authorized B&M dealer about an hour away from me. Decent price. It would appear, though, that there's not a lot of dealer competition in your neck of the woods. Do I assume correctly that you've tried the Knoxville dealer without luck at a decent price? If so, you may want to consider hiking to the next closest dealer, even if it's a bit far. In my case, the dealer from whom I purchased was definitely not my closest Anthem dealer (or Paradigm, or Pioneer, or ...), and he knew it. This was a major reason why I got a good deal; he had to use the $ card to pull me in as a customer.

Unfortunately, not many dealers are wise enough to realize this.

Doug