Where to buy, and reviews...

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Clay-F, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Clay-F

Clay-F Stunt Coordinator

http://www.nextag.com/serv/main/buye...duct=79573856&

I'm on the verge of buying a widescreen and I've spent much time reading everything I can find.

I'm looking for about a 50" tv mainly for watching standard tv and dvd's. HDTV will come later.

That samsung in the above link looks promising, and 3k is what I'm trying to limit myself too.

It seems apparent that buying from these online stores nets you a better deal. About 1 grand on that peticular tv as compared to circuit city. However I'd be worried to death over customer service....Anybody buy from these types of stores?

I like that at some local places you can return the tv if you are not satisfied. CC let my brother return 2 tv's till he found one that he was happy with.

I've also been looking for review sites to compare what's out there. www.consumerreports.com was mildly helpful but they dont seem to be too up to date.

Anbody know any that review stuff as it comes out?

Thanks!

2. Jack Heckler

Jack Heckler Extra

If you decide to purchase online, be sure to check their ratings and customer feedback on resellerratings.com. Some of the cheaper prices on your NexTag link seem to be OK with most customers who have dealt with them. I would not just go by the NexTag ratings...checkout resellerratings.com.

3. Mort Corey

Mort Corey Supporting Actor

That was an important consideration to me when I made a purchase. That and after sale service. It can be worth the extra cost if you have a problem or are dissatisfied with the unit once you get it home.

Mort