Where to buy amaray keepcases?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Aaron Thorne, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Aaron Thorne

Aaron Thorne Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone have suggestions on where to buy amaray keepcases for DVDs? I've bought some online before but they were cheaply made. I'm looking for single and double disc cases that are the same quality as the cases retail dvds come in.

Thanks for the help in advance!

2. ScottHH

ScottHH Stunt Coordinator

You can buy them, just type "amaray" into google, tons of places will come up. But I would recommend stalking your local Blockbuster. Let me explain:

Blockbuster gets discs on Monday or Tuesday, switches them to their proprietary cases, and throws out the originals. You have to be persistant, because they said no to me every time I went in there for a few weeks. Finally I went back and considered dumpster-diving. But the dumpsters were locked, and I probably wouldn't have gone through with it unless the cases were on the top: it's definately gross, and probably illegal. So I went in to ask (again), and there were two huge garbage bags filled with cases in the doorway. I asked the guy behind the desk if I could take those off his hands. I think he was going to be the one to haul them out back to the dumpster, because his eyes lit up and he said sure. Man they were heavy. I got 68 slim doubles because it was the week that "Catch Me If You Can" came out. I also got 25 Amaray clear singles, and including some other assorted stuff 154 cases in total.

3. Aaron Thorne

I know that. What I really should have asked has anyone purchased cases online that were the same as cases with retail dvds? And if so where?

I don't want a place another order online and get cheap cases. I'm looking for the real deals here.

Yes, I know I'm anal [​IMG]

4. jon_ad

jon_ad Stunt Coordinator

I like shop4tech.com. They have normal amaray in single and double and also have thinpak in single and double. I switched all of my dvds to thin doubles and saved half of the space.

5. Dave Farley

Dave Farley Second Unit

6. Christopher_H

Christopher_H Stunt Coordinator

7. Aaron Thorne

I was about to place an order at InetDVD until I noticed the cheapest shipping method was $11 for UPS ground. For 10 cases! What a rip off.

8. Dave Farley

Dave Farley Second Unit

Aaron,

Try that site I linked to. They're genuine Amaray and the shipping is $4.75/ground for 10.

9. Christopher*KH

Christopher*KH Stunt Coordinator

I buy ALL my Replacement cases from TAPE WAREHOUSE in Doraville,Ga just outside of Atlanta #(770)-458-1679

Theyre right off of Peachtree Ind. Blvd.
    Near I-285 Dakalb County.

Anyway I bought some used movies from Blockbuster and they put them in those crappy case with nasty covers, I bought double Dvd cases or if you want they have the thick doubles like 5 Star MASH / DIE HARD cases.... I replaced all those thick double with the thin doubles and freed up alot of space in my storage units.

I cannot Recommend TAPE WAREHOUSE enough. But if you dont have any inserts STAPLES have double dvd cases too but where a disc goes on the inside of the front and back, T.W. has the kind STAR WARS Ep.1-2 cases.

Anyway I hope that Helps, Chris

10. Aaron Thorne

Thanks Dave, just placed an order from sleevetown.

I'd like to do this as well but it seems to me that the outside insert cover wouldn't fit because the spine would be twice the size of the case.

11. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

12. Christopher*KH

Christopher*KH Stunt Coordinator

TRUE they don't fit properly, I had to trim off edges little by little until they fit BUT you would never be able to tell.

ARMEGEDDON Criterion
    FORREST GUMP
    INDEPENDENCE DAY 5 Star
    MASH 5 Star
    RED DRAGON
    THE ROCK Criterion
    JAY & SILENT BOB STRIKE BACK

I know there are more I didn't do this to my DIE HARD since they fit into the carboard box cover.

They look really nice and I am happy with the TRIMMING. All you really need is a good straight metal rular and a razor blade and make super-thin trims on the front and back [ of course you want it laid out FLAT on a hard surface. SOME may think that it is defacing the product but in all fairness the STUDIOS should have done these films like this in the 1st place. My CRITERION collection look AWESOME. [​IMG]

13. Aaron Thorne

I still don't see how spine would be correct. Can you post some pics?

14. SarahG

SarahG Second Unit

I got a some DVD double cases at staples a little while back. Got some advice and some motivation to start getting my stuff organized. Worked out pretty well. I've gone back a couple times and gotten more stashes. I keep telling myself I'm going to try ordering online, but I just keep heading back over there.

I'm coming along very nicely with my organization.

15. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Lead Actor

Michael Elliott
    I've got plenty of spare cases if you need them. I'm not sure how high shipping and all of that would be however. I put all my discs into slimcases so I've got hundreds of normal cases stacked up in the closet.