What's new

where to buy affordable xlr cables (1 Viewer)

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i'm looking for a stereo pair of balanced (xlr) cables to connect between my pre and amplifer. i just need a stereo pair for the front channels. i've looked around but most offerings are from companies such as kimber, audioquest, nordost...and the like want way more than i'm willing to spend. i'd prefer to keep it under $50-$60 for the pair. so, where is a good place to find a 6 ft. pair of balanced cables? thanks in advance guys.

kevin t

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member

Kevin T

Screenwriter
so i presume an xlr male to xlr female mic cable would be sufficient would it not?

Audio%201.gif

kevin t

dougW

Stunt Coordinator
Kevin, while I can appreciate your looking for value, be careful buying to cheap. Amp to pre-pro is a fairly critical connection for your mains. Just don't underestimate it's importance. XLRs are typically a little more than standard cables on a lot of sites due not only to the extra efforts involved, but also the fact it requires a 3 wire audio cable, not a 2 wire. Therefore, many companies that use coax for their audio wire, can't do it with XLRs. Just begins to limit the available options some.

Lex

Kevin T

Screenwriter
doug:

don't worry about me cheaping out. i just need something as a standby until i can make my own xlr cables with dh labs cable. hopefully by the end of the month i'll cough up some more dough for the cables but right now i'm in a bit of a bind.

kevin t

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks