where to buy affordable xlr cables

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin T, May 11, 2002.

1. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

i'm looking for a stereo pair of balanced (xlr) cables to connect between my pre and amplifer. i just need a stereo pair for the front channels. i've looked around but most offerings are from companies such as kimber, audioquest, nordost...and the like want way more than i'm willing to spend. i'd prefer to keep it under $50-$60 for the pair. so, where is a good place to find a 6 ft. pair of balanced cables? thanks in advance guys.

kevin t

2. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Try this other thread that lists a bunch of custom sites. Several of them offer XLR's as well.

3. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

4. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

so i presume an xlr male to xlr female mic cable would be sufficient would it not?

[​IMG]

kevin t

5. dougW

dougW Stunt Coordinator

Kevin, while I can appreciate your looking for value, be careful buying to cheap. Amp to pre-pro is a fairly critical connection for your mains. Just don't underestimate it's importance. XLRs are typically a little more than standard cables on a lot of sites due not only to the extra efforts involved, but also the fact it requires a 3 wire audio cable, not a 2 wire. Therefore, many companies that use coax for their audio wire, can't do it with XLRs. Just begins to limit the available options some.

Lex

6. Jeffrey Chin

Jeffrey Chin Second Unit

7. Kevin T

Kevin T Screenwriter

doug:

don't worry about me cheaping out. i just need something as a standby until i can make my own xlr cables with dh labs cable. hopefully by the end of the month i'll cough up some more dough for the cables but right now i'm in a bit of a bind.

kevin t