What's new

Where to Buy a Pioneer RPTV? (1 Viewer)

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I'm pretty much decided on picking up a Pioneer 53" SD533 RPTV.
So I've been looking, and am surprised to find that none of the stores I've visited seem to have them. I live in Billerica, north of Boston MA.
So I've been looking online - so far it seems that OneCall.com might be the best option, although I think I would have favoured buying from somewhere local.
Does anyone have a Pioneer seller in my area that they have had good experiences with? Or recommendations to me on buying one of these monsters online?
Any help welcome and appreciated, as always...;)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I've bought a speaker system and the 533HD5 from Onecall. Good company, ordered the set on a Friday and had it delivered on a Tuesday.

From what I understand, Pioneer dealers are few and far between, and they aren't sold at Best Buy and Circuit City. Prices at authorized dealers a far above what you'd pay compared to Onecall.

Also, Pioneers are some of the best sets out of the box. I did a bit of tweaking with the convergence, but the geometery was already excellent (better than most direct views I've seen). The Onecall rep told me and other people who've bought this set that they have yet to have one returned.

One caveat with Onecall delivery -- they hire 3rd party shippers that will only do curbside delivery. They are forbidden to help you take the unit inside (although good old Andy Jackson was able to persuade my delivery man). So either arrange to have help or hope the delivery guy likes what Old Hickory is saying. Otherwise, you will have to arrange in home delivery that sets you back another $100 and takes up to 2 weeks to schedule.

BTW, the set is not as heavy as it looks -- after it cleared the doorway, I just had to roll it into place. Yep, it's on casters. That's friggin' awesome.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
I've bought a speaker system and the 533HD5 from Onecall. Good company, ordered the set on a Friday and had it delivered on a Tuesday.
Wow, Hanson - I didn't expect that kind of turnaround. That's great!
The issue of inside delivery does worry me a bit though - I was thinking of paying for the White Glove Service. Though if it delays the set by so long, maybe I should go with help.
I would have to take the set around to the back of my house, then hoist it up about ten steps to the deck. The rest is easy. Do you think three people can achieve this?
Just checking via Pioneer's site, the set is 209 lbs. I'm not sure if I should be scared or not!;)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
My old set was 177 lbs, and I've taken it up and down 4 flights of stairs with one other person. The Pioneer is wide enough that you could get two people on one side (I assume your deck stairs can accomodate two people standing abreast). And take it out of the box first. Much more wieldy.

If you're willing to wait and the extra $$ isn't a big deal, I'd go for the white glove service. My condo is on the ground floor, so all I had to clear was the doorway.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks