What's new

Where to buy a Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX??? (1 Viewer)

Dan Seliger

Stunt Coordinator
Tried that, i cant find a place that will pricematch with an internet store...any suggestions?

Dan Seliger

Stunt Coordinator
I just called a local authorized pioneer place and he basically laughed at me when i told him the prices from the 2 above mentioned places...He said he cant even touch them.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Do you have any credit cards that pricematch? I've gotten over $1000 back so far from credit card pricematches. My personal favorite is the Click Citibank card, which, unfortunately, they aren't allowing new applicants to get anymore. That card allows you to pricematch up to a $1000 difference per item, up to $5000 per year. I just buy from the most reliable place, and then pricematch to the cheapest.

The American Express Corporate Gold card does this up to $250 per item, up to $1000 per year. There are a few other cards as well.

Dan Seliger

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info everyone! :)
Unfortunately i only have a firstusa united platinum card i dont beleive it does price matching :frowning:

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Dan, Check pricegraber.com for the best online prices.
Do not be discouraged by the "unauthorized hysteria".Most place who sells it will give their own warranty,also the local state law decides when a manufacturer must honor warranty.Denon's scare tactics is just that.I've been buying online and mailorder since '94 with no problems including Denons;).

RajeeK

Second Unit
Do not be discouraged by the "unauthorized hysteria".Most place who sells it will give their own warranty,also the local state law decides when a manufacturer must honor warranty.Denon's scare tactics is just that.I've been buying online and mailorder since '94 with no problems including Denons
Didn't know about state laws Lewis. Do ya happen to know one that applies for these type of things here in CA?

Greg S

Supporting Actor
I would go with etronics. I priced it up from them with shipping and a 5 year extended warranty (giving it a total of 7 years according to the man on the phone) and it was just under $2600. Thats less than most places carry it w/o any extra warranty.

The etronics salesman also stated this is the "better" Philips warranty which is good for carry in service nationwide at some 300+ service centers.

Anyway thats where I will be getting mine since my local dealer crapped out on me.

Good Luck.

Greg

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Didn't know about state laws Lewis. Do ya happen to know one that applies for these type of things here in CA?
Not specificaly,but based on the response here on this forum from an attorney, he mentioned that most states prohibit MFRS from dishonor warranty based on their own policy,which might "violate" consumer protection laws and practices.
One however needs to look into this closely in one's state to be sure,contacting the local Consumer Protection Agency would be a good start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
almico
Recent bookmarks