Where to buy a Denon AVR-1803 Online

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Panterica, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Bill Panterica

I am beginning to build my first true HT and would like some advice in where to purchase the Denon AVR-1803. I have basically decided that I will purchase the components seperately. My first buy will be the receiver and then I will buy the speakers and sub. I have searched many different online stores, but am unsure which stores are the best. I've gone to www.resellerratings.com, however a lot of the retailers aren't listed. I am looking for a combination of price and service. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Bill

2. Gerard Martin

Gerard Martin Second Unit

3. Bill Panterica

Jerry,

Thanks for the reply. AVSurvey was exactly the kind of site I was looking for.

Bill

4. BradJudy

BradJudy Stunt Coordinator

Please note that Denon does not honor warranties from non-authorized dealers. Their web site gives a list of authorized online and local dealers. Get it cheaper if you want, but beware that they might not fix it for free if it breaks.

5. Bill Panterica

So if I choose to go with an authorized dealer I will have to pay full retail price, but I get the security of a full warranty. That makes the buying process a lot more complicated: cost vs. security.

6. Curt Gilker

Curt Gilker Agent

7. Aaron H

Aaron H Supporting Actor

Good guys.com has it for $450 shipped, if you can find oen fo their 10% off sales. And they are authorized. I just received mine yesterday from them.

Aaron

8. Bill Panterica

Thanks a lot Curt!

I just ordered the Denon from Reliable. I've taken my "first step into a larger world."

Thanks to everyone for their help.

Any suggestions for a good set of speakers to compliment the Denon? I am looking at Home Theater Direct Level 2's, but would greatly appreciate any feedback for you folks. My price range is unfortunately low: 500-700 for a 5.1 speaker set.

9. Bill Panterica

Anyone have an opinion (good or bad) on the Polk RM6200 with a Polk PSW250 sub?