What's new

Where to buy a Denon 3802?!? (1 Viewer)

Brian Treinen

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

Friend is looking for a 3802. I bought mine from 6th ave a year ago for a good price - authorized dealer and all. Are they still the place to go?

Thanks.

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
They are routinely available for around $650 on ebay, that is, only if you are willing to go that route, of course.

Jamey F

Stunt Coordinator
I was given a PM about someone who had asked 6 ave for the 3802. He claims they were out of stock so they gave him a really good deal on the 3803 instead. With that said...6 ave is out of stock on the 3803 for a couple of weeks, so even if this were the case, they wouldn't be able to do anything short term.

Why do I even bring it up? After striking out several times with several other authorized dealers, I realized ABT Electronics was my only shot to get free shipping, have no tax, find one in stock, and get a fairly good deal. After 5 calls to ABT Electronics, I was able to get the 3803 for under $1000. They are authorized, and this is a bit under retail. Of course, if you need something a bit cheaper, the 3802 would be a good choice (with fewer bells and whistles), and I'm sure they would have a good deal on the 3802 as well. PM me if you want my salesperson's info. He was the only one in 5 attempts to get me anywhere near what I would consider a deal.

kevitra

Second Unit
I live near Abt, and you really do have to keep trying to get a good salesperson. When I bought my Mits 55809 HDTV, I had to talk to 4 or 5 different people until I got one willing to deal. I would literally walk away from one and talk to another one. I have a decent 'contact' in the TV department that might be able to help you out.

Brian Treinen

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys! When it gets right down to it I'll send you a message and ask about the contact info. OR if you'd like just go ahead and email me with it now!

Again, Thanks!

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
Brian,

Have you considered purchasing a used 3802? You could check the 'for sale' section in this forum where people sell their used Denon receivers for some great prices. One such example a few months ago revealed a 3802 that was nearly 1 year old for only $525 - shipped.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks