What's new

Where the heck is THE OTHERS DVD? (1 Viewer)

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
This great horror film came out quite a while ago, and several films that came out after it have already been released on DVD or have a scheduled upcoming release date. So what is the deal with THE OTHERS coming to DVD? Does anyone have ANY info?

Gavin_L

Second Unit
i think they are waiting to try to get a few oscar nominations, but the word on the street is suppose to come out in april or sometime like that in a nice special edition.
i saw one date for the dvd, from http://www.comingsoon.net/ and that is april 2nd, which would work out pefectly as a nice b day present 2 days later ;)

Mitty

Supporting Actor
The Others was a sort of anomaly of modern cinema front loading. It actually had a pretty lengthy run (in fact, it may still be playing in some theatres) and built an audience. It debuted in August and in the weeks following its release, it actually had a couple of weekends where its grosses increased over the previous weekend. It was a pretty big sleeper hit, I'd have to say.

So, even if the studio didn't think it had Oscar chances, it'd still be a little ways away.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I just saw this (for the first time) 2 weeks ago at a Manhatten theater. It's still playing there so I'm sure that there is still a market for this film in the theaters.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I think part of the delay is because it was re-released in the theater. That whole Oscar thing has got it moving very slow now.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The Others should be announced sometime in February, March at the latest (which means we will see the DVD sometime in May - June).
But if you want to see the film on DVD ASAP, just buy The Sixth Sense: Vista Series when it comes out on 1/15. (Oh, even if that was evil, I just had to do that. :))

Gavin_L

Second Unit
i hope they put a nice 5.1 dts track when the put the movie out, that would totally be nice if they did :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks