What's new

Where should I buy an Onkyo 595 online? (1 Viewer)

I'm looking to get my parents a new receiver for the holidays, because their 60" RPTV is a bit incongruous with the ancient Pioneer DPL receiver they have.

I have settled on the Onkyo 595 as a price/performance leader (I know some may disagree with this choice, but I have decided, thanks). I have seen prices in the neighborhood of $400 shipped (to Massachusetts), and I'm wondering if the many people who own this receiver (or bought another Onkyo online) could recommend a good retailer.

My main considerations are price and Onkyo authorization. I want to buy it from an authorized dealer just in case there is a problem.

Thanks for your help, HTFers!

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
www.jandr.com is an authorized internet dealer, and I got my 595 from them for $385 + shipping. Tell them you know someone who got it for that price from them and they'll hook you up (and their service people are excellent!).

Chip E

Screenwriter
I was going to recommend JandR as well but Jeremy beat me too it! Lol.. great online place to buy gear. :)

Thanks, Jeremy and Chip. I will definitely give J and R a shot. Out of curiosity, any idea how much the shipping will be? There is no shipping cost listed for the 595 on its page, though a roughly comparable one would cost about $26 to ship. Does that sound about right? Thanks again.

JohnThomas

Auditioning
The prices may not be that good. I saw a JVC receiver there that was about 30.00 more than 800.com and the shippings was 18.00 + Better look around.......

Art_C

Stunt Coordinator
J&R does price matching but you have to call up and ask for it. The price on their website is usually not their best price. BestPriceAudioVideo is another place you can try, they are another authorized Onkyo dealer, price should be about the same. Shipping might depend on where you live, but $25 is what I paied to get 696 ship from NJ to CO.

Chip E

Screenwriter
"If J&R won't price match, or if shipping is outragious, another authorized e-tailer who has the 595 right now is www.onecall.com . It's $449, shipping included."
Just make sure your going to be completely happy with your choice of receivers... onecall does not allow returns.

Irens Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
I just want to clarify something on Chip's post. OneCall does not accept returns with you change your mind, but it does accept if you have any kind of problem.

I've bought a lot of stuff from them and they have great people there. Also they match prices and for all my online shop I could never find a better price after calling them. Never buy online, call tehm first to check their prices.

Just my 2 cents.

Jerry AZ

Stunt Coordinator
Just ordered my 595 from J&R Thursday. Told them I saw it on this forum for $360, and they matched it no problem, shipping was $22 to Arizona. :D
Also picked up the NSP1 JBL's for $299 shipped.

PaulShady

Agent
Hey Mike, I just bought from Vanns.com and they do price match. They price matched Etronics.com at $365 + 32 shipping. So I got it at Vanns for 387 and they are an authorized dealer!
Good luck,
Paul
:D

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
John- Fans are bad for at least :) 2 reasons: 1) by their inherent electromechanical nature, noise can be induced into the receivers electronics, and 2) physically, they produce noise. If at your sitting position, you can ever hear a fan on a piece of equipment, I'd return it. Worsens the signal-to-noise ratio in your system.
IMO opinion, any well designed component should be able to rely on heat sinks and air flow for cooling.
I know that the 989 uses a fan, but I don't know about any other Onkyo model...

Thomas_Berg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
this past summer i got my 595 for $359 + shipping from J&R. call them up and tell them that i got it at that price and they'll match it. i think my total was around $383 or so...i also think i'll be buying another one for my parents in the coming week. $359 is an amazing price, especially from such a reputable (and authorized!) dealer like J&R.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks