Where on the web are downloadable DVD covers??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chuck Mayer, Sep 20, 2001.

1. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    My friends,
    There is much that is good on the web. I just can't find it. I am certain that beautiful treasures of unseen downloadable movie covers exist. I have seen them in random places (like here). Are there any websites that are noteworthy for them? I'd like to check them out. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Chuck

2. Matt DeVillier

Matt DeVillier Supporting Actor

3. Thomas D

Thomas D Stunt Coordinator

That link had a lot of information. The one thing I was looking for was a replacement for my Rocketeer dvd cover. The guy who did the wonderful James Bond covers (Zinema) also had a Rocketeer cover, but it was only a lo-res copy. Does anyone know where I can find a hi-res copy of that cover? Or Zinema's e-mail address so I can ask the main man directly?
    Thanks.
    ------------------
    Support the Home Theater Forum -- Buy Something! or Make a Donation!

4. bill lopez

bill lopez Second Unit

Yes someone please help me!
    I need BASIC INSTINCT cover so I can replace the crappy box.

5. Hubert

Hubert Second Unit

If someone could help me out with Total Recall and Ben-Hur, I'd appreciate it.

6. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

Tom G
    Hubert, for Total Recall try this link.
    Bill, I haven't seen anything yet for Basic Instinct. Believe me, I'm looking very hard. If I see one, I will let you know.
    ------------------
    As for the bad rap about the characters--hey, I've seen space operas that put their emphasis on human personalities and relationships. They're called "Star Trek" movies. Give me transparent underwater cities and vast hollow senatorial spheres any day. --Roger Ebert on The Phantom Menace

7. Aaron Oppliger

Does anyone know where to get a replacement cover for Excalibur. I remember seeing one a long time ago, and I'd love to have it now, since the current snapper case really looks awful.

8. Hubert

Hubert Second Unit

Thanks a lot Tom. It's greatly appreciated.

9. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

How about a new cover for Driven? Damn it sucks! Mainly because it's not a snapper case!
    God bless
    jeffrey noel
    ------------------
    Go WILDCATS!

10. Hubert

Hubert Second Unit

I suppose you need Photoshop or Paintshop to print these covers. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how to do it. Wouldn't it just be easiest to scan a regular cover at it's actual size and print it rather than scan them in larger and reducing it. Can anyone give me an idea how to print these out? Thanks in advance.

11. Greg O' Connel

Greg O' Connel Stunt Coordinator

If I understand correctly, the reason for starting off with a large image and reducing it in size is to preserve the high resolution of the original image. Printing out a standard size image, at least in my experience, results in a blurry, somewhat pixelated picture and drab colors.
    ------------------
    [​IMG] "Columbia House - we were built to irritate America - one person at a time!" [​IMG]

12. Eric M Jones

Eric M Jones Second Unit

Greg is on the right track. Here's how it works.
    There are 2 different type of file sizes that all graphic files have.
    1 - is actual image size
    2 - is pixel (or point size)
    When you download a cover it looks so big because we try to create them in a high resolution (usually 300 dpi -dots per inch, or pixels). Now the image looks really huge on the screen because a standard monitor is physically made out of 72dpi. The monitor makes up for the difference by displaying the image very large. This is tricky because the image in actual size (or print size) is really only 10 1/2" x 7" (roughly) even though it looks much bigger on your monitor.
    The reason for creating these cover in high-rez is that it looks much better when it is printed as Greg pointed out.
    So when you download covers to print don't worry about how large it looks on your screen. Just open it in a graphic/photo program and print it out. The program will handle the rest.
    -EJ
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    my HT site

13. Hubert

Hubert Second Unit

Gotcha! Thanks Eric. [​IMG]

14. bill lopez

bill lopez Second Unit

All I really need is a good cover of the movie & some movie stills. I'll take it from there.

15. Ahmed

Ahmed Auditioning

I've tried all the links that have been mentioned on this thread and the others and still can't find cover art for the limited edition tin of "RepoMan". Any suggestions ?