Where is "Who's Line?"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Miller, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Supporting Actor

For the past five weeks or so my favorite show has been noticeably absent from ABC's line up. During that same time the WLIIA? page on ABC's website has said the following: "The next episode of Whose Line has not yet been scheduled." What gives?

I know we just went through sweeps period, but the only thing that has replaced Who's Line during this time slot are repeats of AFV. Man that show is a whip!

I contacted our local ABC affiliate and she said it was definitely a network decision. I want this show back on the air. Anyone know what's going on?

Peace,

DM

2. Justin1

Justin1 Stunt Coordinator

I hope the show isn't cancelled, but ABC basically gave it the Kiss of Death by scheduling it on Friday. Same thing happened to Norm last year.

3. Brian_FSullivan

Brian_FSullivan Stunt Coordinator

4. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

I'd wager Whose Line? is very likely to return in some form simply because I'm pretty sure that the show is cheaper than dirt to produce. You have four actors, Drew Carey, and the musicians to pay, plus your usual crew. But writing's out, set's are out, the location is always the same, etc.

Hopefully it stays on though. I don't care for the American version as much as the old British one (which was especially good in the early days when they never had the same people on all that often) but when I do watch it there's usually something to laugh at.

5. Dave Miller

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

The Drew Carey show is probably done when its summer episode air. It was a decent run, perhaps 3 seasons too long, though.

7. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Is the British version still going?

I havn't watched Who's Line in a while. It's a show that you really have to watch all the way through to get into, and if you stop watching for a while, it's tough to get into. but I like what I have seen so far.

8. AndrewD

AndrewD Stunt Coordinator

9. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

I like Burgeron on Hollywood Sqaures, but the original show died when Bob Saget left. He was so bad, it was funny. This new show is too polished and lost it's charm [​IMG].

10. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

11. Dave Miller

12. WayneG

WayneG Stunt Coordinator

I think they killed the show partially last year by moving it around, showing episodes sometimes at 9pm or even 10pm instead of the usual 8 (it should be a 10pm show all the time - less bleeping), and rarely indicating whether they were new episodes or repeats. They'd show double episodes and again you wouldn't know if it was a new one or a repeat. Then this year they moved it all over the map from Monday to Friday. I mean, Hans Blix couldn't keep track of this show!

13. Dave Miller

I agree Wayne. Last year when they had back to back shows I always thought the first one was a repeat and the second one was a new episode. I'd love for it to be back on Thursday night since there is nothing else on that night. Friday is ok too. I just want it back on the air.

Peace,

DM