What's new

where is this vanilla coke? (1 Viewer)

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
It tastes like coke mixed with creme soda. Nothing spectacular to me. I don't think I'll be getting it again.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
it does resemble creme soda, I'm not a creme soda fan but did enjoy vanilla coke. I'll need to try another, poured over ice to really evaluate it, out of a plastic bottle just doesn't do it for me.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I still haven't seen any of the different Cokes here in Canada. :frowning:
We do get Pepsi Twist (lemon Pepsi). I'd LOVE to get my grubby caffeinated hands on a Lemon Coke.
I'm sure a Rum Coke and Vodka Coke would be very popular...someone wanna tell Coca Cola Corp.?

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I alwayes loved the vanilla coke at TGI Fridays. Sometimes I just craved it. I haven't tried the bottled stuff yet but I hope it's good.

TimG

Second Unit
It is very unlikely you will ever see a lemon Coke. The way I understand it is Pepsi is citrus based, and Coke is vanilla based. Hence vanilla Coke to combat the Pepsi twist stuff. I have put lemon into Coke before, and it tastes like crap. (Besides, the lemon really burns your nose. :) )
Tim
P.S. They had cases of the Vanilla Coke at Sam's Club Sat. when we were there.

Ive found it and tried it in Michigan. I think it has a slight taste of vanilla, I would like it to be in Diet though, need to watch my carbs.

It was 2 for a dollar at Kroger on Elizabeth Lake and M59 in White Lake Mi.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
i always thought both coke and pepsi were citrus based. one was lemon and the other orange. but i never which was which.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I agree with the others that thing the vanilla flavor is very light. I prefer vanilla coke to coke classic, but would still take a pepsi over either.
now if only the local pepsi assholes would sell me a BIB of pepsi :angry:

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Maybe there's a difference in tastebuds that comes into play here but I can taste a strong vanilla flavor. It's almost like it's half Coke and half creme soda.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
must be! I can taste it alright, but find it stronger as an aftertaste. My roommate feels the same. I've read comments like yours and mine both about 50/50 I think, so who knows :)

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I just tried Vanilla yesterday. I'd agree that the flavor was slight to begin with followed by a moderate aftertaste. I was hoping for more of a stronger mixture comparable to the cherry in Code Red Dew.

Dan B

Screenwriter
There must be different batches of this stuff, because I had some last week and the vanilla flavor was quite strong. Overpowering, I thought...it tasted like someone dumped a bunch of vanilla extract into a Coke. I did not like it one bit. I love Coke, love cream soda, and love vanilla. This vanilla was overpowering & had a bad aftertaste...again, just like dumping vanilla extract into a Coke.

-Dan

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
Yeah, this is some nasty s***. And I'm not opposed to vanilla and cola mixing in theory, Jones Soda makes a great "Vanilla Cola".

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Vanilla Coke reminds me of this:
"I keep it simple and I keep it domestic. I drink Swill. Mineral water that's dredged from Lake Erie. Nothing's added to Swill. It's straight from the lake to you."
swill.jpg

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Could there be a difference between bottled vanilla coke and canned?
Of course, corporations being what they are, their quality control probably has gone downhill. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crofiton
Recent bookmarks