What's new

where is this vanilla coke? (1 Viewer)

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Just picked up a few 20oz. bottles today. Tastes like Diet Coke and I hate diet sodas. Has that aspartame aftertaste even though it's loaded with good old-fashioned high fructose corn syrup. I am underwhelmed.

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
They are selling vanilla Coke off the shelf now? Interesting. I've been drinking vanilla Cokes for years and years.

Just go to any Sonic and order one. They are very good. I can also get them at Mr Burger and a few local restaurants.

Aaron

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I found it here today, at a gas station (amoco) strange.

it's pretty good, as others mentioned the vanilla taste is more like an aftertaste, really light.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I had one this afternoon for the first time. At first I tasted the vanilla a lot, but then it was less, but more of an aftertaste. I liked it, but I don't think I could drink a ton of it.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
michael- try a convienience store, that's how I found it here, none of the grocery stores have it.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Vanilla Coke should be avalible nationwide within a couple of weeks. I'm a driver for Pepsico and I've noticed that it's only avalible in a couple of stores locally. I'd like to try it but I'd better wait till my day off so I'm not in uniform:b

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
hey, for those of you that have seen and tried it, am I the only one that thinks the labels between coke and vanilla coke are TOO similar? at a glance it's hard to tell them apart.
Carl- it doesn't affect you, but I tell everyone that'll listen. I used to drink only pepsi products, and I will no longer buy them because the coke bottler in town will sell me BIB syrup cash n carry for my fountain, and the pepsi bottler won't even speak to me about it. I haven't drank a pepsi in well over a year. Same goes for pizza hut, taco bell, and KFC ;) maybe I'm crazy.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
Too bad you're not local or I'd try to hook you up Phillip. As many cases of fountain syrup the station distrubutes daily I don't see why they wouldn't sell one over the counter. It's not like we're holding a top secret formula here, damn near half of businesses in town are using it.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I don't know either carl. it's not like I buy more than one box every 6 months to a year.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
It's all over Conway, Arkansas. I have to say it has a very strong vanilla taste.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
I'm waiting for Dr. Pepper to announce it's release of Cherry-Vanilla Dr. Pepper. It's gotta be coming out sometime.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
After I had that one yesterday I've been craving it since. So I went to the grocery store today to find it. They don't seem to have it in cans yet or in the bottle 6 packs, but my store did have a huge display with tons of individual plastic bottles. So I bought 6. Ones chillin' in the freezer for me. Mmmmm...

Yeah the label looks very similar to coke classic, except it says vanilla on the side. But it is hard to pick out when you are just scanning the aisle quickly trying to find it.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Michael, where in Michigan did you find it?
I got mine near the checkout at my local Farmer Jack. Today's newspaper insert also had coupons for buy one get one free so those heading out for a Vanilla Coke hunt might want to check for coupons first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alain A.
Recent bookmarks