Where is the weakest link?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by NormanS, Oct 9, 2001.

1. NormanS

NormanS Auditioning

I've got a 40H80 with a Tosh 3109 DVD player and SVideo cable. Video switching handled by Marantz AV9000.
    I have noticed ghosting of images on the screen during playback especially when the background is very bright (halo's and such) even after disconnecting the 1 power cable to the center gun to remove SVM. Is this normal? Have I not done enough to eliminate SVM?
    As well, when a scene contains a sudden explosion of color or light (such as explosions in U571 or Bad Boys) the picture turns white as if overwhelmed by the input signal from the player...is this the TV or the player?
    Any help would be appreciated.

2. AllenD

AllenD Second Unit

Norman,
    I have a Mits 65807. I watch DVDs on my HTPC, and sometimes on an older RCA 5210P. The HTPC uses a VGA breakout cable connected to the 1080i input and the RCA uses s-video. Both inputs have the halo effect you're talking about. I'm no expert but I believe it's an RPTV characteristic. I'm guessing that it's reflection within the TV. Maybe Duvetyne gets rid of it, I don't know. But I plan on finding out when I ISF my set. Good luck with yours.