What's new

Where is "The Victors" on dvd? (1 Viewer)

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
What is the holdup on getting this film out on dvd? It never even had a vhs release. C'mon Columbia, What's the problem here? Oh, and while you are at it, make sure it's the 178 min. roadshow version. Thanks.

disctrip said:
What is the holdup on getting this film out on dvd? It never even had a vhs release. C'mon Columbia, What's the problem here? Oh, and while you are at it, make sure it's the 178 min. roadshow version. Thanks.
I have the British region 2, 146 minute version. It's okay quality, a bit soft. I've never seen the longer cut.

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
We need a US version. But it should be in widescreen and in the uncut 178 minute version as originally shown in 1963. The 156 minute version cuts out an entire sequence: the story of Jean Pierre, a young French boy who is used by the Germans for sex.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
John Hermes said:
I have the British region 2, 146 minute version. It's okay quality, a bit soft. I've never seen the longer cut.
Sorry, wrong message. Please ignore.

kagemusha98

Second Unit
Real Name
Ken Koc
THE VICTORS ( Uncut Version!!) on DVD or Blu!!!!! I've asking that for years !!!! Great cast and film!

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
This seems to be the only version available at all right now. A PAL region 2.
0dc33b2b_51rPf3lQ2XL.jpeg
at 146 min.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I just recorded a HD 170min version of THE VICTORS on the Sony Movie Channel. Transfer is impressive! I can't wait to watch it!

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
There are problems with the elements, due to the cuts. It's not for lack of desire on Sony's part.

Mike S.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Thank you for the input. It was disappointing to watch what was advertised as the 170 minute version in HD on the Sony Movie Channel. Alas after watching it, it clocked in at 156 minutes. Is there any hope for the uncut version. I had been told years ago that UCLA had a print of the uncut version.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Ken Koc said:
Thank you for the input. It was disappointing to watch what was advertised as the 170 minute version in HD on the Sony Movie Channel. Alas after watching it, it clocked in at 156 minutes. Is there any hope for the uncut version. I had been told years ago that UCLA had a print of the uncut version.
There's always hope. ;)

Mike S.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks