Where is The Miracle of Morgan's Creek?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by DeeF, Sep 19, 2002.

1. DeeF

DeeF Screenwriter

The best, funniest, and craziest comedy ever made. Where is the DVD? Betty Hutton and Eddie Bracken are still alive, barely, for a crackling good commentary.

2. Mick B

Mick B Stunt Coordinator

I'm with you Dee. It was good to see Eddie in a couple of films of late. Would be a wonderful commentary from the old days.

Mick

3. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

Other Preston Sturges films that are not are Hail the Conquering Hero and The Palm Beach Story. Some (and I am one) consider the latter Sturges’ best. But due to its DVD absence (at least I think that this is the reason) its not often mentioned by other forum members.

For Eddie Bracken fans, I think that Hail the Conquering Hero will delight you as much as The Miracle of Morgan’s Creek.

Criterion does have very good DVDs of both The Lady Eve and Sullivan’s Travels, so we do have hope.

4. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

A film that is one of the funniest of all times. It's almost painful to watch at times! [​IMG]

5. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

According to prestonsturges.com Paramount is working on a special edition of The Miracle of Morgan's Creek for next year. Hail, The Palm Beach Story, The Great McGinty, Christmas In July, and The Great Moment are all owned by Universal.
    I want them all, these would make a nice box set Universal. They're short enough that two could be double feature discs, and then have one disc movie + extras.
    Fox has the rights to a couple of later ones like Unfaithfully Yours. I'm not sure who owns The Sins of Harold Diddlebock

6. Tomoko Noguchi

Tomoko Noguchi Second Unit

I have the laserdisc of Hail, couple with The Great Moment. It's great, but I can hardly wait for the dvds.

7. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

According to the Preston Sturges website, the date is now sometime next June.

This snippet was taken from the article on the passing of Eddie Bracken.

8. Tomoko Noguchi

Again, where is this movie?

9. Peter Kline

Well, June is a few months away!

10. Brian PB

Brian PB Supporting Actor

I checked the website (http://www.prestonsturges.com), but they haven't updated the information about the release since November 2002. If it were being released in June, we would have heard about it by now. I have sent an email to the website (which is run by a member of the Sturges family) to see if there is any new information, and will post the reply if I get one.

11. Peter Kline

I checked at Amazon and it's not listed either. Guess we have a longer wait then I hoped.

12. Tomoko Noguchi

Peter,

I think so too. June is now only 1 month away and 2 months if it is out by the end of June. It should be up for order now if it is June, right?

13. Jo_C

Jo_C Second Unit

One of you guys said that "Hail, The Palm Beach Story, The Great McGinty, Christmas In July, and The Great Moment are all owned by Universal." Actually, it's EMKA Limited that owns these films, not Universal. For those of you who don't know, EMKA was a psyudonym for MCA's television division that bought the rights before they acquired Universal. EMKA today functions only in name for the sake of ownership credit.

As for "Morgan's Creek", this was not part of the pre-1950 film library that EMKA acquired as I believe it went public domain, which allowed Paramount to release it on video, one of the few pre-1950 films they still own, as well as all the silents made before switching to sound.

I do hope Paramount does a great job with "Morgan's Creek". And rest in peace, Eddie Bracken. You've had a good life and career.