What's new

where is the love for China beach (merged) (1 Viewer)

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the links. I have also signed the petition. I loved this show so much I would even forgive the inevitable switching of original music.

Wayne W

Stunt Coordinator
I signed the petition. CB is one of my favorite shows and it is at the top of my list of most wanted TV shows on DVD.

Chris Hood

Auditioning
I just signed as well. Hard to believe there are only 200 signatures since April! :frowning:

Hopefully this thread will channel a little more attention there!

One of my all-time favorites as well...

Angela_K

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
American Life TV Network airs China Beach uncut, if anyone gets that channel, it'd be worth retaping if you're tapes are now bad :)

whisperintherain

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Romain
I don't think there have been any news regarding CHINA BEACH recently, which is quite a shame for such a wonderful show. I'm afraid prohibitive music clearance prices are what is holding a release, since surely with both Dana Delany and Marg Helgenberger currently starring on two of the most popular shows worldwide, there would be money to be made there. Still I'd rather it remained unreleased than have the theme song, "Reflections" by The Supremes, replaced.

Joe Kelly

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JOE
You know, one thing I never understood about music rights issues, why don't the powerrs-that-be realize that with the added exposure on new DVD releases, it would expose a new generation to these classic tunes - and make them want to go out and buy the original music on CDs? It's like free advertising. I went out and bought "The Big Chill" music after viewing that movie. China Beach was loaded with Motown and classic rock.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
I just recently got into this show as a huge Marg Helgenberger fan and would love to buy this on DVD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks