What's new

Where is the "Kokomo" that the Beach Boys were referring to? (1 Viewer)

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
It is amazing how screwed up a thread can get - I want more coke!

That is what they were saying. It should be Cocomo - with 'C's, and not 'K's. Cocoa=coke mo=more.

Was that so hard?

Glenn

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

Now that is the best answer I have heard yet.....but...a..are you saying Brian Wilson...d..did drugs?!?

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter

Aint touching that one... but for the record, John Phillips of the Mamas and the Papas wrote "Kokomo" for the Beach Boys to sing on the sound track to the movie, "Cocktail."

What a wonderful time in history. Tom Cruise doing that cool bottle-flip thang in some beach bar filled with super-models, and John Phillips' kids are hanging around with Brian Wilson's kids (Wilson Phillips). Too bad Paris Hilton wasn't old enough to grace us with her social contributions...

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

Oh reeeeheeally? Well I think that answers many..many questions then.:)

Glenn's theory is looking better and better.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

In Florida right by Kokomo.

Oh and if you find Margaritaville could you find my shaker of salt? I seem to have lost it last time I was there. Oh while youre there have a cheeseburger in paradise and some fruitcake while watching the fins to the left and right of you. :D

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
No, I think they are all.

Secretly we're planning to bury you alive under silica in a ditch just outside of Carmel. (that's CAR-mel, not car-MEL you bunch of left coast fancy pants)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I think Silica absorbs caramel, we may want to keep it away from Carmel just to be safe.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Hey Seth Paxton ~ I have a question about your signature. The words are from a RUSH song, yes? Is the guy in the picture from A Clock Work Orange?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks