What's new

Where is "The Devil's Disciple" (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
This lovely well acted film stars 3 Super Star actors in good form & one of the few times Kirk Douglas & Burt Lancaster acted together in the same film. So why isn't this film on DVD? It has been a favorite of mine for nearly 35 years. :confused: 1/2

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Seems like at this point you & I are the only ones interested in seeing this released. :eek:

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
I would buy it, too. However Jeff, I must correct your assertion that this was one of the "few times" that Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas worked together in the same film. All in all, they made 7 movies together-not exactly Terrence Hill and Bud Spencer, but a good run nevertheless.

Art_AD

Stunt Coordinator
You would think somebody at the studio would say this would be a great as part of July 4th movie promo since it is about the Revolutionary War.

ted:r

Second Unit

I'm sure a lot of people (myself included) would snap it up if it were available. It's not, however, at the top of my wish list (it is, literally, 311th) so I have to save my astounded apoplexy for other (actually, 310) films. But I do hope its released.

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member

I stand corrected. I thought it might have been a couple less.

I'm primarily a catalog title buyer. And considering some of the pure Horse Manure that gets released, I just find it hard to believe that a wonderful film like this stays in the vault.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'd get it if it were available. Besides Burt and Kirk, Laurence Olivier is on hand and pretty much steals the film. It also had a nice music score as I remember. As the movie was based on a George Bernard Shaw play, one of the taglines used to promote the film was "Burt, Kirk and Larry are coming-by George!".

I am kind of in agreement with ted:r that it is not really near the top of my list, but I'd still be glad to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
S205449
Recent bookmarks