What's new

Where is the best place to sit my sub? (1 Viewer)

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
Right now i have it about 1 foot , to the right of my TV and about 8 inch from my right front speaker.
Thanks for the info.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Are you sure it is not interfearing with the TV picture being only 1 foot away? If you have 1 sub, then up front somewhere could "generally" be a good option (I would place a second sub in the back to balance bass in the room). You will have to experiment. It has been said that if you place the sub in the listening position and walk around the room looking for the point of strongest bass, then that is the optimum placement. This may not be practical though, having a sub in the middle of you space. A corner placement will boost the bass the most. If you do place it up front, try it using both phase settings to see which yields maximum bass.
orangeman
------------------
Neil's H.T. Site
(plus large selection of H.T.Links and movie images)

Jon Chang

Auditioning
I have a question, we have a wood cube that has 5 sides. Would placing the sub in the cube produce better or worse sound?

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
Corner loading *may* yield the loudest bass at certain frequencies but it is almost never the proper placement for smoothest response. Corner placement guarantees a serious hump. In my case the hump is at 44hz. Placement at the halway point along a wall will (usually) yield the smoothest bass response over its operating frequency and will minimize humps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks