1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Where is the best place to sit my sub?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Stuckey, Jul 15, 2001.

1. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

Right now i have it about 1 foot , to the right of my TV and about 8 inch from my right front speaker.
    Thanks for the info.

2. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Are you sure it is not interfearing with the TV picture being only 1 foot away? If you have 1 sub, then up front somewhere could "generally" be a good option (I would place a second sub in the back to balance bass in the room). You will have to experiment. It has been said that if you place the sub in the listening position and walk around the room looking for the point of strongest bass, then that is the optimum placement. This may not be practical though, having a sub in the middle of you space. A corner placement will boost the bass the most. If you do place it up front, try it using both phase settings to see which yields maximum bass.
    orangeman
    ------------------
    Neil's H.T. Site
    (plus large selection of H.T.Links and movie images)

3. Tyler

Tyler Stunt Coordinator

Place it right in the corner.
    The corner acts like a bass boost.

4. Jon Chang

Jon Chang Auditioning

I have a question, we have a wood cube that has 5 sides. Would placing the sub in the cube produce better or worse sound?

5. Bill Lucas

Bill Lucas Supporting Actor

Corner loading *may* yield the loudest bass at certain frequencies but it is almost never the proper placement for smoothest response. Corner placement guarantees a serious hump. In my case the hump is at 44hz. Placement at the halway point along a wall will (usually) yield the smoothest bass response over its operating frequency and will minimize humps.