Where is SVS?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by JoeyR, Oct 14, 2005.

1. JoeyR

JoeyR Second Unit

Joey
    Purchased the Home Theater Mag Buyer's Guide for 2006, looked at the subwoofer manufacturers and SVS wasnt even listed?

2. eddieZEN

eddieZEN Second Unit

sounds like the kind of magazine that would recommend a Polk subwoofer as "audiophile grade" and Bose as state of the art. [​IMG]

3. John Menoni

John Menoni Stunt Coordinator

I got the same one and I chuckled when I saw that SVS was left out. Suprisingly Outlaw audio did have there items listed but they were not up to date. They still have the old 7100 amp listed not the 7125. Can anyone tell me why they left out SVS. Surely they did hear of them.

4. MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz Supporting Actor

Because SVS is an internet direct Co that probably does not pay to advertise in the magazine!

5. MikeLi

MikeLi Supporting Actor

Outlaw does pay to advertise in there normal Home Theater Magazine that comes out monthly. Which I happen to get by the way... Its not a bad magazine as long as you understand how the game is played. All that color full ads run by Def. Tech have got to cost a fortune and I don't think I have ever seen a speaker get a higher over all score than them on any test. (I could be wrong).
    Anyway most of us know that SVS is one of the greatest subs for the money out there. I am sure glad i found them as my last sub cost twice as much and did half as much.

6. JoeyR

JoeyR Second Unit

Joey
    Because SVS is an internet direct Co that probably does not pay to advertise in the magazine!

Good point Mikey LOL, hows your HT going?

7. MikeyWeitz

MikeyWeitz Supporting Actor

Good. Still in an apt. so working with that setting.
    Once I have a house with dedicated theater, then I will really go to town. I am enjoying my Ascends and 16-46PC+ that's for sure :)

8. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I think the manufacturers have to tell the magazine what they want listed. Actually, I bet the magazine sends out info requests to all the companies it can think of (previous entires, etc), and then it's up to the company to respond. I don't think manufacturers have to pay to be in those eqp listings. Ads, sure, but not the listings.

So might be SVS' fault. S&V's directory should be out soon too. Maybe SVS will be in there.

To be honest, HT Mag does *not* know how to review subs, so maybe SVS specifically didn't want to be in there! [​IMG]