What's new

Where is rock n roll? (1 Viewer)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Dave, I'm gonna say this again. Please check out Jet! I have a link to a site with some of their music in my sig. :D

Anthony Connor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony Connor
Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. I was very interested in what you thought of powderfinger. The two albums you have chosen of theirs are a little different, so I am sure you will enjoy both. If you really enjoy them. I also recommend Powderfingers Album "double allergic".

Funny when I order DVD's from the states they can get to me in 5 working days here in Australia.

As for Guitarists I am a big, big fan and I love the American instrumentalists like Satriani, Vai, Moorse, Vinnie Moore, etc. You are right though we love the guitar down under.

Tony B,

I picked up Jet - "Get Born" myself last weekend ( here in Aussie land ) and while I think it is an awesome album, they do rip off a few riffs of other bands. I am not sure if that intentional, but I had thought that I had heard there music before. I do have to give the album a few more listens. :) Besides that the Australian version has copy protection, and it doesn't play well on my PC.

Regards

AXE

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Anthony, I've heard Get Born thanks to the wonders of the Internet. Sure, they do rip off quite a few old bands, but who cares? It is just plain fun to listen to! I bet that alot of the ripping of was intentional, because I have a feeling that they were trying to go for a rock throwback type sound.

My favorite songs on the album are Last Chance, Are You Gonna Be My Girl, Look What You've Done, Radio Song, Get Me Outta Here, Cold Hard Bitch, and Take It Or Leave It. Of those, I like Are You Gonna Be My Girl and Cold Hard Bitch the most. However, I like every single song on the album. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks