What's new

Where is Punky? (1 Viewer)

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Target and Wal-mart don't have Punky Brewster and they said they weren't getting any.And I can't find it anywhere....Have you guys found it?If so where and how much?Let me guess.....Best Buy...There dvds are always so expensive.:angry:

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Best Buy prices are usually comparable to Target and Wally World on release week, and less in the subsequent weeks. I'd head on over. Otherwise, get it online.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I saw a gazillion copies at my local Wal-mart!

Seriously, it was in the best-sellers/new arrivals glass case, on the top shelf, with two face-outs of stock. And extra stock piled horizontally on top. Looked like they got in 2 dozen copies, and sold about a quarter of it so far that day (late afternoon on Tuesday).

I forget the price, I was already spending 3 figures worth of DVDs and knew I would have to wait.

John*P

Second Unit
I got mine at Best Buy this morning (it was the last copy!) for like $25.99 which is very cheap, I think. Its such an awesome set, I'm havin' a ball watching these episodes again. (I haven't seen them in years) I can't wait for the rest of the seasons...and Alf!

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
My friend went to the Best Buy around here and they said they aren't getting them until next week. We'll have to check at the Target and the Wal-mart.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Remember, you are dealing with an independent company here (Shout! Factory), so I have no idea what kind of clout they have got. Best Buy in Durham, NC had a few yesterday.

For a four-disc set with an MSRP of $34.95, it's a pretty good value. I hope the major studios are taking notes here.

Ray_Gootz

Stunt Coordinator
I got it at a independent dvd store here in NY for 24.95 yesterday i went to buy Who's The Boss...AND it was 35! Why 10 more for a show with less discs and less bonus features? But Punky still has punky power. You know I feel like there aren't any shows on Network TV where the kids are the lead and the show's about kids being kids. We just have the WB and all they do is screw each other. I think it'd be great to have a family show like this where kids are just having fun. I know if I had a kid right now I wouldn't put Pokemon or Hillary Duff on I'd have them watch this show and ALF.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I got it online at deepdiscountdvd for 20 dollars and change.As for Shout they are very much to my liking as they also released Johhn Legend Presents the Complete Weird Cartoons.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I borrowed my friend's Punky set and watched the first four episodes tonight...the only reason I stopped is because it's getting so late and I have to get up early! I LOVE PUNKY BREWSTER!!!

Normally, it seems that shows I liked when I was young, with a few exceptions, don't hold my interest like they used to. Punky is one of the exceptions. It's such an excellent show! Well written and well acted. Soleil Moon Frye was such a great actress for being so young.

I can't wait to watch the rest of the episodes!

And I believe I may just have to buy the set for myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks