What's new

Where is Paramount's Loving You now that we have a 4k Blue Hawaii.... (1 Viewer)

M90GM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JUSTIN
Where is Loving You - Paramount obviously has rights issues holding this very good "star" color release from being available...the current pan & scan weak image verion looks more like a pirate release ....

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Where is Loving You - Paramount obviously has rights issues holding this very good "star" color release from being available...the current pan & scan weak image verion looks more like a pirate release ....

Last time I was in "the know" regarding particulars of getting this out to Blu-ray, the issue was the incredible costs tied to music rights. This title was very close to being released by Twilight Time a few years ago but the costs were prohibitive in getting it released.

cadavra

Supporting Actor
Real Name
mike schlesinger
Paramount doesn't own LOVING YOU. For some weird rights reason, NBC does. So unless Universal decides to release it, it will have to be licensed to another company.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Universal has a new master but the music hasn’t been cleared for home video. They are apparently unwilling to clear it themselves and the cost for doing so is prohibitively high for a licensee, which is why the scheduled boutique release fell through several years ago.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
...the current pan & scan weak image verion looks more like a pirate release ....
I don't know what DVD of Loving You you have but my DVD of Loving You is 16x9 anamorphic wide screen with a stereo surround track (though I'm not sure if it's true stereo or a stereo remix from mono). The picture hardly looks like a pirate. The picture quality is decent enough, the clarity and sharpness is good but the colors could be more vivid. Definitely not HD quality but far from the disaster you claim it is.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
Been hoping for this one for years -- not only for us, but for a wonderful woman who, as budding actress Dolores Hart, made her screen debut in Loving You, and who, as Mother Dolores Hart at the Abbey of Regina Laudis in Connecticut, looks back on that experience, and on being the recipient of Elvis's first on-screen kiss in that film, with great fondness.

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I don't know what DVD of Loving You you have but my DVD of Loving You is 16x9 anamorphic wide screen with a stereo surround track (though I'm not sure if it's true stereo or a stereo remix from mono). The picture hardly looks like a pirate. The picture quality is decent enough, the clarity and sharpness is good but the colors could be more vivid. Definitely not HD quality but far from the disaster you claim it is.
I have a copy that I got from Canada. It says NBC Home Video, Lionsgate and Maple on the back of the case. It is in widescreen and the picture and sound are more than adequate, but a blu release would be nice.

DarkVader

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
At least it's on YouTube in 1080p HD - I just watched it on my 4K monitor and it looked and sounded really nice. I hope the film can be saved from music clearance hell and released as a blu ray disc or a 4K UHD.

Youtube Video Link deleted by Moderator

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
At least it's on YouTube in 1080p HD - I just watched it on my 4K monitor and it looked and sounded really nice. I hope the film can be saved from music clearance hell and released as a blu ray disc or a 4K UHD.

Youtube Video Link deleted by Moderator
Yes, striking picture quality. We do need a disc on this one.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
It looks like a million dollars on my laptop monitor.
Bring it on, please.

M90GM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JUSTIN
Thanks! what is the release company? Paramount has not released the film and on line I found a statement that the only 16:9 version available is from Spain....this is a far more important Presley film than most of his others, all readily available in multiple original theatrical versions.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Thanks! what is the release company? Paramount has not released the film and on line I found a statement that the only 16:9 version available is from Spain....this is a far more important Presley film than most of his others, all readily available in multiple original theatrical versions.
The DVD was released in 1999 by Trimark. In 2000, Lionsgate purchased Trimark. The DVD is long out of print.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.