What's new

Where is Panasonic's new projector? (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
HAs anyone heard news on the follow up to Panasonic's AE-8000? I thought the announcements for the annual upgrade happen by now. Is Panasonic done with this line of home theater projector?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
It is "old news" that Panasonic projectors are carryover for 2014. And even then, their only projector will be the 8000.

But it is highly likely that 2014 will be a "short year" for everything with the industry ready for HDMI 2.0 and 4K support.

Reality is...if Sony already released their entry 4K projector that needs updated at home for their own server...nobody else's product that is already planned for March...is ready.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
By the way...

Panasonic is the majority financial backing to DuPont OLED. I highly suspect those companies that have yet to buy panels from Samsung and LG for OLED are waiting for major advancements in their lineups until DuPont is ready for retail sale.

Panasonic "skipping" 2014 is a strong indicator they believe 2015 will be the year DuPont OLED arrives ready to kill everything else.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
schan1269 said:
By the way...

Panasonic is the majority financial backing to DuPont OLED. I highly suspect those companies that have yet to buy panels from Samsung and LG for OLED are waiting for major advancements in their lineups until DuPont is ready for retail sale.

Panasonic "skipping" 2014 is a strong indicator they believe 2015 will be the year DuPont OLED arrives ready to kill everything else.
Thanks Sam.

I have heard OLED will be the most significant advancement in HD TV's since LCD hit the market. True blacks, and unparalleled contrast ratio. Sounds good. And for the record I'm glad Panny is skipping the upgrade projector for this year, as I have been itching to buy the 8000 since it was released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks