What's new

Where is 'MOVING' with Richard Pryor on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
David,
the fact that people double dip is no excuse for ignoring an unreleased film on dvd, at least not an excuse i'm willing to tolerate, quite frankly I feel that's nothing more than a cop out.

I'm sure they'll get to this someday, but as was said i'm surprised they didn't move on this title and others in the aftermath of Richard's passing.

There are a limited number of production lines available. Studios have to prioritize releases. For every release that is a repeat, that is a space in the production pipeline that can't be used for a title like this. As far as getting to it someday, it's been 10 years and I'm still waiting for this one. I'm not getting any younger.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've waited so long for this one!! I'm not sure if I like it as part of a double feature (never seen, nor heard of Greased Lightning), but I suppose beggars can't be choosers. I'm so glad this is coming, and even more glad that it's anamorphic. I'll be among the first to get this in August, guaranteed.

Random Hero

Second Unit
Real Name
Paul

Greased Lightning is pretty good. Pryor plays Wendell Scott, who was the first black stock-car racing champion. I would have picked up this movie on its own, so it's nice to see this double feature.

It'll most likely be $10 or $15, which is a nice deal. Plus, I'm happy that they are anamorphic, so it's a definite buy.

Anyone heard anything about Some Kind of Hero?

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I got my copy in today's mail and I was totally shocked at how little effort WBHV has put into the title... There is only one menu, allowing you to choose which movie you want to watch and that's it! While Moving is broken up into about 8 chapters, there is no scene selection screen.

UPDATE: I've had more time to spend with the DVD and the picture is pretty damn good considering the lackluster effort. Must have been one heck of a print they used for the DVD.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Well if the image is good, I can definitely overlook the simplicity of the menus, etc. I don't expect much else from these double feature discs anyway. I plan on picking this up on the weekend. Can't wait. Not to mention I'll get to see "Greased Lightining" for the first time.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter

I noticed that too about how lackluster it was. But I guess when they mean bargain title, they mean it. The quality of Greased Lightning was so-so and they put both films on one side instead of making it a flipper. No trailers or extras whatsoever. At least the films are Anamorphic.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
That's cool. I'll pick that one up.

I bought the Pryor collection that has Car Wash, Bustin Loose, Which Why is Up? and Brewster's Millions. It was an absolute blast! The films looked pretty good to me. Hopefully this set will compare at least tranfer-wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks