Where is Micky's christmas Carol?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SteveMc, Dec 5, 2001.

1. SteveMc

SteveMc Stunt Coordinator

I have been itching to see this classic for years on DVD. Disney keeps putting out new Xmas Micky DVDs but not the best one of all. I used to watch this one every year when I was a kid and on TV. Never saw it on video...tis the season to be releasing Xmas DVDs!!

2. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

Steve,

Mickey's Christmas Carol isn't a stand alone release. If you buy the recently released Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse you'll find that Mickey's Christmas Carol is one of the shorts they show near the end beginning at chapter 9 I believe. All 25 minutes or so of it is there.

Patrick

3. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

Wow, cool. I'll have to pick that up. But I -really- want Muppets Christmas Carol.

4. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    whoa, it's on the house of mouse disc!??!?! Whoa! The happiest day of my life! I own that disc and hadn't watched it. This better be true...

oh joy to the world... but why does it count as a short?

5. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

I called it a short because its 25 minutes long unlike a full feature like Tarzan or even Dumbo. But, don't worry its all there.

Patrick

6. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    It was really great to see this again... finally on DVD.

The opening and ending credits (with the "merry merry christmas" song) aren't included, but we just can't have everything, right?

7. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    I believe I saw this DVD at Wal-Mart two days ago.

8. John_McKittrick

John_McKittrick Stunt Coordinator

Well now that it's confirmed I'll have to go and get it. That and the Muppet Xmas Carol are the best adaptions I've seen. Why this wasn't a stand alone release with other Christmas cartoons is beyond me. They did it for the Headless Horseman.

John

9. streeter

streeter Screenwriter

Michael
    What I think is even stranger is that the inclusion of this classic is nowhere mentioned on the cover!

I would imagine that sales would increase if it was mentioned on the front.

10. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Yeah I agree it is weird. If I had known that (even glimpsing at the reviews of the disc I didn't know this), this would probably have been purchased.
    John Lasseter worked on MCC. (Mickey, not Muppet....although I do wish that would come to DVD - maybe next Christmas [​IMG] )

11. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I also owned Snowed in at the House of Mouse and didn't realize that Mickey's Christmas Carol was on it!
    My son had watched the disc by himself soon after we got it, so neither I nor the missus knew this treat was there. When my son woke up this morning, he wanted to see a cartoon. Since we had a ½-hour to kill, I popped it in and watched it with him.
    Go straight to Chapter 9 and it starts up without a hitch. It runs through Chapter 11, then there's a closing song for the "House of Mouse" group (LOTS of classic Disney characters running around), then the disc finishes.
    Quality was terrific! I've never seen it look or sound better! Yay! I can finally retire my years-old VHS for MCC!!
    As for A Muppet Christmas Carol, I forget who it was, but an HTF member in-the-know stated that both it and Muppet Treasure Island were indeed being worked on for 2002 release!
    I don't know about you guys, but after Muppet CC, I do believe I will call it the very last interpretation of the Charles Dickens classic that I ever need to own! I must have something like a dozen versions of the Scrooge story running around on DVD!!! [​IMG]

12. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

I am anxiously awaiting Muppet Christmas Carol on DVD.

I'd say that Mickey's Christmas Carol, the Muppet Christmas Carol, and Scrooged are my three favorite adaptations of the classic Dickens story.