What's new

Where is Max?? (Around the Horn) (1 Viewer)

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Does anyone know what happened to Max Kellerman? He hasn't hosted Around the Horn going on 3 weeks now. Please oh please just tell me he is on a long vacation! I can't take much more Stat Boy!

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering the same thing. I checked with ESPN website and this is the blurb:

Around the Horn, currently moderated by ESPN's Tony Reali, is a fast paced, 30-minute program featuring the unbridled wit and wisdom of some of the country's leading sports columnists, from such newspapers as the Boston Globe, Chicago Sun-Times, Dallas Morning News, Denver Post and Los Angeles Times.

Looks like Max may be holding out for a better deal?

Brandon_S

Second Unit
Well I sure hope ESPN gets Max back ASAP. When I first started watching Around the Horn, I thought it took a huge backseat to PTI. But now I find it the more entertaining show by far. The little arguments between Woody, Jay, and Max always lead to some good laughs. Stat Boy just doesn't have the chemistry with these guys! Who knows...maybe he will grow on me.

LisaDoris

Stunt Coordinator
Well I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for Kellerman to return. His contract with ESPN ran out and the network would not match FoxSports' offer. There was a brief blub about it in USAToday

Lowell_B

Second Unit
Man, that sucks. I've been waiting for him to get back, Stat Boy is just blech. Since I guess he's never coming back, they should have one of the panelists be the moderator each day, that'd be a blast.

Lowell

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Unless the ratings are sky-high and makes ESPN a ton of money (which I doubt), I don't think the show will last much longer now that Max is gone from ESPN.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
The show has lost its edge a bit. Give Tony a chance. I'm happy for Kellerman getting a better gig. Look forward to seeing him in the future.

Michael_Q

Stunt Coordinator
I don't like Stat Boy, but Kellerman was unbearably obnoxious. I won't miss him. I'm sure Stat Boy is just filling in until they can hire someone else to do it full time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks