What's new

Where is "HUD" on Blu-Ray? (1 Viewer)

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
Anyone have any info on what is holding up the release? What is wrong with Paramount?

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Paramount is lackluster when it comes to releasing catalog titles. In addition to Hud, missing in action are Ordinary People, A Place In The Sun, Roman Holiday, The Rose Tattoo, Alfie, Romeo And Juliet, On A Clear Day You Can See Forever, The Elephant Man, Reds, The Court Jester, Paint Your Wagon to name just a handful of popular titles.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Add The Parallax View and Catch 22 to the list too. I was very disappointed with the dvd release of Hud and thought the image was too soft and had the same sharpness as my laserdisc version of the movie. Lets hope Olive,Twilight Time, or Criterion will release Hud soon.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
actually Reds was released, and quite some time ago at that the first release was in 2006 and the last was in 2013, I own a copy, but you are right so many titles that have yet to be touched and released, was hoping the deal with WB would have released a lot more than it has.

cinemiracle

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Paramount is lackluster when it comes to releasing catalog titles. In addition to Hud, missing in action are Ordinary People, A Place In The Sun, Roman Holiday, The Rose Tattoo, Alfie, Romeo And Juliet, On A Clear Day You Can See Forever, The Elephant Man, Reds, The Court Jester, Paint Your Wagon to name just a handful of popular titles.

Which version of ROMEO AND JULIET? Zeffirelli's version has been on bluray for ages. HUD was a masterpiece .O.P and APITS were also masterpieces.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann

At the top of my want list is The Rose Tattoo. I'm not sure if WB has the complete rights to it at this time. If that is the case, it will be a cold day in hell before we see it.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Does anybody know the status of HUD on blu ray? It's definitely one of the Holy Grails for me!

Regards,
My guess is that there is zero progress, at least in the U.S. If Paramount can't even release the incredibly popular Jerry Lewis stuff on Blu, what chance (even with Paul Newman) has a downbeat black and white film from 1963 have (although there is an extant HD master)? Maybe we'll get a foreign release of this and perhaps a few more of the hundreds of classic films the studio has turned its back on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks