What's new

Where is "Hocus Pocus"? (1 Viewer)

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
With the Fall titles being announced everywhere, the anxiety is beginning to kick in on why "Hocus Pocus" has not been announced.
Two years ago, it was announced, postponed and then canceled and nothing has been heard since.
"Hocus Pocus" is a "Walt Disney Picture's Presents" film that has been released on VHS through "Walt Disney Home Video" and originally released in theaters just a few years ago. The film should be in pristine condition with a modern sound mix.
Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker & Kathy Najimy are three 17th century wicked witches that after being hanged, come back to life 300 years later on Halloween night. This family oriented film is Funny, and reeking with great seasonal Halloween atmosphere. There's also a great song that Bette sings at a party called "I put a spell on you".
It should be released now in nothing less than anamorphic widescreen and 5.1 digital sound.
The films story adds a childs creditability to the fantasy enigma of Halloween itself, and the reason the film has not been released on DVD should be found out and remedied.
Paul

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Paul,
My sentiments exactly! I too love this fun and child-spook movie in a kid-kind-of-way. It's a great family halloween movie and I hope it makes it's way to DVD. If done right,
it would be a pretty cool DVD. My 4 yr. old daughter loves
this movie and watches it everytime we can catch it on any of the cable channels.
I hope we hear something on a release date for this title
very soon.
Regards,
Troy

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Well, wherever it is, I hope it stays there for a long, long time. . .
wink.gif

Had to do it. Sorry.
biggrin.gif

-mwb-

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
These Disney titles have a way of being announced or rumored and then disappearing. I would like to replace my ld of Hocus Pocus with the dvd.
I also wonder about some of their live stuff. Anchor Bay put out some Disney titles (Candleshoe, Cat From Outer Space, etc.) and were supposed to do some others like Blackbeard's Ghost, the Ugly Dachshund and That Darn Cat, and then nothing. Now, these aren't exactly number one on my to buy list, but I do have a sentimental spot for these films having grown up on them, but for now they seem to be in the same limbo as Hocus Pocus.
------------------
13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I would probally buy this, and add it to by frequent DVD watching during Halloween.
When I worked at a rental store for laserdisc, this was our top renter, out of anything in the whole store.
------------------

Ricky f

Supporting Actor
Ok, I did some research for you guys and this is what I found out.
Hocus Pocus is available on Region 2 DVD.
Concerning the region 1, It was released September 18th 1999 and then it was discontinued, Amamzon has these details.
BUT, I have found out where it is availbale. www.dvdplanet.com has it on Pre-order, I think it is either being re-released or they are getting a few in stock.
BUT
www.dvdboxoffice.com has it for sale, so go to that site and they should have some copies left.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Ricky
------------------
Please help convince Warner to release Stephen King's IT On DVD
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/003344.html

John Torrez

Second Unit
Thanks for that info ricky, I wonder why they pulled it so quickly though. Hmmmmm.....
------------------
"They're all gonna laugh at you!"

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
No it was never released, which would be why no DVD of it is floating around. Amazon does sometimes mess up, with the Halloween Extended DVD they list it as Special Order despite it is a Best Buy exclusive, and they have been saying Popcorn would ship in 2-3 days for over a month, and just recently shipped some out...

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Thanks for the Heads up! :)
Hope they give this movie a great anamorphic widescreen transfer. The $19.95 MSRP and being lumped in with "Roger & Hammersmith's Cinderella", "Muppets Treasure Island" and Blackbeard's Ghost" on June 4, has me a little worried about how Disney is treating this Gem.:frowning:
Here is a link to an interesting Hocus Pocus site I found while searching for info.
Paul

Eric Taylor

Agent
ya I have been waiting for this movie for awhile too..I hope they do it justice. I know it's a kids movie for Halloween, but at least a short making of and a commentary from Bette, Kathy and Sarah would be cool.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Hey Paul,
It looks like all of us who have been awaiting the release of Hocus Pocus on DVD , our time has come!! :)
According to BVHE, Hocus Pocus will be released in June 2002! Along with numerous other family titles.
Yeehaw!
Troy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks