What's new

Where is "Hill Street Blues" & "St Elsewhere"???!!! (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
Well I'm CERTAINLY prepared to buy the "complete" series sets of BOTH "St Elsewhere" & "Hill Street Blues". Looking into it is a lot bloody better than ignoring the two series, which IMHO has been going on! AS an example of my willingness to buy whole sets, I've already placed a pre-order for the "whole" "Man From UNCLE" series. :eek:

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
I believe that both St Elsewhere and Hill Street Blues were way ahead oof its time.
It is about time the two shows were treated with RESPECT

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Complete series sets are fantastic. My Miami Vice complete set is the coolest tv set I own. If this is the new trend for many shows, there are going to be a lot of happy people
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Here's a clever bit of alliteration for you-- if FOX ever releases "Trapper John, M.D.," that section of my lineup will probably be called "The Trapper Theater." That applies even if FOX releases only one season's worth-- this, I say because I haven't seen that much of it, and I'd like to get into it a little more.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Complete series sets is something I've always championed, release it all in one go, the fans will buy it. If you feel you can't afford it, buy less one month of other stuff. Casual fans can rent.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I am also still eagerly hoping (although probably in vain) for releases of any kind (more individual seasons or a complete series collection) of Hill St. Blues.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah. We're all still here...waiting, hoping. For me, it's St. Elsewhere.
It's probably one of the few series where, if a complete set was ever offered, I wouldn't think twice.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Suppose Shout! Factory were to get the DVD rights to both "Hill Street Blues" and "St. Elsewhere". According to a user named "Actingman" this is what would happen:

"If Shout were to ever pickup the remaining seasons of St Elsewhere and/or Hill Street Blues, I suspect they would get remastered copies, because Fox has already remastered those series for recent showings on various cable channels. They already exist and are ready to go out...so Shout would get them. Again, the message through all of this is the studios are only going to send out what is cheapest in a sub-licensing arrangement."

For the sake of curiosity, when he said "remastered those series for recent showings on various cable channels" does he mean the same exact badly-edited versions that can easily be seen for free on television?

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by Dave B Ferris /forum/thread/149692/where-is-hill-street-blues-st-elsewhere/300#post_3631956
I am also still eagerly hoping (although probably in vain) for releases of any kind (more individual seasons or a complete series collection) of Hill St. Blues.
I was hoping for news since Fox does now seem committed to completing MTM. Anyone know of a way to get Oprah on board for a Hill Street Blues reunion to motivate Fox for this deserving show.
Doug

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Doug Wallen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was hoping for news since Fox does now seem committed to completing MTM. Anyone know of a way to get Oprah on board for a Hill Street Blues reunion to motivate Fox for this deserving show.
Doug
Oprah was never a cop or a doctor. Her fan obsession is for The Mary Tyler Moore Show, not necessarily the company that produced it. She cites it as the show that inspired her to go into the field of TV news.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Sigh.

Four years since the last post in this thread.

And not so much as a rumor that St. Elsewhere is even a glint in anyone's eyes.

St+Elsewhere.jpg

John Karras

Second Unit
Real Name
Lawrence
Richard V said:
Hard to believe those two iconic series would both be abandoned.
It's not hard to believe that Fox would abandon them. I don't think that the MTM catalog could have fallen into more disinterested hands. Now that Shout and Fox are buddies again, there might be some chance if Shout wants to wade through all the rights issues on St. Elsewhere.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I know "Psycho Killer" from the Talking Heads, and "Legs" from ZZ Top are among the songs that would have to be cleared for St. Elsewhere. Other than that I can't for the life of me remember any other popular songs in the series. I watched it first run on NBC (Wednesday nights at 10:00 I believe) and it remains one of the best series I have ever seen. Great writing, likeable characters(yes even Dr, Criag) and so many "small" moments of drama that I am inclined to be so bold and call this the best dramatic series to ever air on television.
I taped the entire series from TV LAND years ago. I should go back to those and enjoy the episodes again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks