What's new

Where is Get Smart? (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
It doesn't matter how many times we talk about it, or how many threads there are, it can't happen soon enough.

I still think it won't happen until/if/when the feature film, purported to be starring Will Ferrell, gets released. Although I'd love to see it sooner.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
The TV movie "Get Smart Again" is currently available. I own it, but would love to have the original series too.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Get smart is a big series, you can fit every show onto 10 6-hour VHS tapes. As for total DVDs, someone else do the math please.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
If the correct number of episodes is 138, and you put 8 episodes on each disc, that's 17.25 discs you'd need. Of course, that's not counting for extras or splitting the series into appropriate seasons. There were 5 seasons, so with 17.25 discs, that's an average of 3.45 discs per season. So figure 4 discs per season, for a total of 20 discs.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Get Smart was such an ingenius show... It really deserves a shot on the DVD market. I own the movie on DVD, but it only wets my appetite, I want the real thing.

Does anyone remember Andy Dick's short-lived version? Anychance that will ever come out?

Ryan

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
Old news, but worth repeating since some misinformation is still floating around out there:

Will Farrell will not be Maxwell Smart. A guy named Steve Carrell, who I'll admit I am not familiar with, reportedly has been signed. According the folks over at the Get Smart group, the new movie isn't a done deal yet. Just because someone has been signed doesn't mean they're ready to shoot it yet.

It's somewhat twisted that the only reason many GS fans (myself included) want this movie made is to spur the TV on DVD release.

QUOTE]Does anyone remember Andy Dick's short-lived version? Anychance that will ever come out?[/quote]

No offense, but I sincerely hope not. It was awful beyond description.

Steve

Mark To

Supporting Actor

If there is any justice (or good taste) in this world, then no. That show was so bad. The only good episode was the one with Siegfried in it. Why would they make Smart's son gay?

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Steve, I believe Steve Carrell is or was one of the "reporters" on Comedy Central's "The Daily Show"

Ric

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Just so long as "Check it Out" doesn't arrive sooner, one of the worst TV series I have ever had the displeasure of watching. Adams was great in GS, but that character does not work elsewhere. CIO deserves a permanent home in the cone of silence.

JoshuaB.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jay
Americans can breath easy--we Canadians must suffer through perpetual Check It Out reruns. The show often airs in syndication and several specialty channels because the CRTC, our FCC, requires a certain amount of Canadian programming content on all Canadian TV channels. And since CIO was filmed in Canada with a mostly Canadian cast, it qualifies. At least Get Smart airs on Canada's TV Land!

I think Steve Carrell would make for a very good Smart, unlike Ferrell. He's one of the best aspects of the Daily Show, fantastic in the little-seen Strangers with Candy (available on DVD) and if Hollywood must remake Get Smart, they could do much worse than Carrell. If the film gets made, let's hope the DVD show up!

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I think Hollywood already remade Get Smart as a film. It was called: Johnny English.:b

Regarding the shortlived Get Smart redux with Andy Dick, I think it was so shortlived, about 9(?) shows, they could include it as bonus material on the original Get Smart DVD release.

Randy Gray

Stunt Coordinator
I just signed the petition. I'm number 465 and their goal is 10,000. Got a ways to go huh?

Randy

RomanSohor

Second Unit
Yeah Steve Carell is supposed to be Maxwell Smart from what I Read too... actually not a bad choice, at least physically. He was pretty funny in Anchorman, and also had a part in Bruce Almighty if I remember correctly he was the Anchorman that Jim Carrey made say all those stupid things on air...

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
This is a show high on my wish list of shows to get on dvd. I use to watch this religiously when I was younger. This was one of my most favorite shows growing up.

I'll sign the petition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks