What's new

Where is FUNNY GIRL in 4K ? (1 Viewer)

DarkVader

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
The Swan Lake number with the cut footage put back in. Cut footage is rough so no problem telling what was cut . Music is also changed in some of the footage in the movie.

I re-watched Funny Girl last week and I noticed something I had never noticed before. Fanny is performing this very comedic number in front of a packed theater audience....but no one in the theater is laughing at the antics that they are witnessing on stage. They do clap at the end though...I guess they didn't find this "funny girl" funny?

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
Don't though Roller Skate Rag and His Love Makes Me Beautiful have laughter when the laughter of the audience is the point? After that we know the audience finds her funny.

Comic numbers performed on stage usually don't have laughter because It would be distracting. You as a film viewer need to concentrate on the performance yourself. Like How Could You Believe Me When I said I Loved You from Royal Wedding and Slumming on Park Avenue with the Ritz Brothers.

Last edited:

GlennF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn Frost
Again posted by the Barbra Archive is Streisand discussing the cut part of the Swan.

Concerning Nick playing poker during the Swan the Barbra Archive believes that was included in the version of the film original shown in Europe.
Per the Barbra Archive:
William Wyler cut out much of the dialogue and superimposed footage of Omar Sharif as Nick gambling. Apparently, this version was actually shown in Europe.

The superimposed scenes were definitely in the roadshow cut. I saw it twice here in Toronto and was a little annoyed at the time without really knowing how long the whole number really was intended to be.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Streisand on Broadway Funny Girl clips. This is very similar to clip I posted above but is slightly longer and a little better sound.

dukiejosh54

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
Does the 4K version of Funny Girl on Prime come with HDR? I Was thinking of upgrading my HD version to 4k but I'm not sure it would be worth the price if it doesn't include HDR/Dolby Vision.

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
Robert Crawford I know you are not a big fan of musicals but do you like Funny Girl?

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
I'm waiting for Producer Ray Stark's LAST Columbia Pictures musical to be released on 4K - "Annie"! The 30th Anniversary Blu has some missing sound effects and a couple of music cues.

It's the 40th Anniversary this year! Heck, TCM even showed it at the classic film festival this year (at the TCL Chinese Theater!) - with a now 50 year old Aileen Quinn on hand to talk about working with John Huston.

But I digress...Be nice if Sony would do a Funny Girl/Funny Lady dual 4K set like they are doing with Heavy Metal/Heavy Metal 2000 just for completeness sake.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Here are the Barbra Streisand segments from a 1963 Bob Hope special recently posted on youtube. Nothing to do with Funny Girl but I am guessing anyone interested in Funny Girl would also be interested in some rare 1960's Streisand.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Jule Styne demo recordings of the Funny Girl songs including several that were cut.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks