What's new

Where is Fox's 1959 JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH... (1 Viewer)

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
FOX CLASSICS DELUXE EDITION? WE HAVE SO FAR:

THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL
FANTASTIC VOYAGE
VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA
THE LOST WORLD
POSEIDON ADVENTURE (sorta sci fi)
THE FLY several editions

a nice cleanup and slipcase box with original art
I just love James Mason and Arlene Doll (sic)
The list is not complete untill that classic is out

Will ZARDOZ ever make it....? prolly not

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The current version is ok. However, a new special edition (with Blu-ray option at a reasonable price) that includes a commentary and documentaries - as do upgrades of several of their other classic sci-fi DVD's - would be most welcome.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I watched the current version or “Journey To The Center Of The Earth” just last month and found it to be very satisfactory. The sound was expansive and the transfer not too dark. The “Day the Earth Stood Still” is getting the release due to the Fox remake, “Fantastic Voyage” and “Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea” got the do over since their first outing was as a double feature and really not good transfers. “The Lost World” was its DVD premiere. The “Poseidon Adventure” and “The Fly” films are annuals and I am sure we have not seen the last editions of those films.

I would speculate that Fox will go back to “Journey” sometime in 2009 and redo it possibly for a Blu-ray release as well, more than likely when they release the Blu-Ray of “Poseidon” and “Towering Inferno.”

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
yes, I realize all this, and FOX has taken all the previously mentioned-which were already perfectly good themselves, and fiddled with them further PQ wise-no doubt for future BR releases-added a bonus disc, if possible, in an "O" card with original art.....value added

In a query from another poster, someone screen grabbed the newest FOX CLASSICS FV comparing it to the excellent previous edition-and there were still some noticable improvement
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Fox have certainly remastered JOURNEY because I saw a HD version on Sky Movies here in the UK a few weeks ago. The picture has been cleaned up but it was disappointingly soft considering that it was HD.

DeeF

Screenwriter
It's such a good movie. I think it's better than the Harryhausen movies.

All of the Indiana Jones movies have many references to it.

I'd like to get it in high-def.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnymax
Recent bookmarks