Where is E.R. on dvd?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, Jan 16, 2002.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    This is a great show that should be on dvd, and with the sudden explosion of television series coming to dvd, can this be far behind? I hope not.

2. Brajesh Upadhyay

Brajesh Upadhyay Supporting Actor

You can find full-season boxed-sets in Japan (region 2) I believe.

3. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

I too would love to have all these episodes on DVD. It's tough to catch the reruns on TNT anymore, and it would really be great to be able to watch lots of episodes unedited, in widescreen. One of the best shows on television, and it really does seem of a film-quality. I think a show like this would really benefit from DVD releases. Here's to hoping the show comes out on DVD!

4. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    "ER" is undoubtedly making Warner (I believe this one's theirs) a load of cash in syndication. They'll milk that for as long as they can, which will be at least a couple of years after the series ends its run on NBC (which will be no earlier than spring 2003, I think).

Remember, TV releases in R1 are often going to be tied up in old syndication deals.

I wouldn't hold your breath for this one, especially if it is Warner's - they seem to be running behind everyone else in TV releases at this point.

5. Darren Lewis

Darren Lewis Supporting Actor

I've seen them on VHS in the UK, but I don't want them on VHS!

Anybody got the Japanse DVDs. Are they OK, and if so where's a good place to get them from?

6. Tomoko Noguchi

Tomoko Noguchi Second Unit

Japanese collectors sets run 15,000 yen from seasons 1-6. However, slimline sets of seasons 1-3 or at least 1-2 (confirmed) are available for 9,960 yen per season. I don't know where to get them on the net. Others might. BTW, I have seasons 1-4 on the collectors sets and am waiting for them to get cheaper to get seasons 5 and onward. They look great, too.

7. Chris Dugger

Chris Dugger Supporting Actor

The ER season sets are available from the cdjapan website.

These are EXCELLENT sets. All are bilingual.

Seasons 1 through 6 are currently available in the 150,00 yen area.

Dugger

8. Tomoko Noguchi

Tomoko Noguchi Second Unit

Chris is right about the 15,000 yen for collector sets. However, beginning last summer, ER started coming out in half season sets at 4980 yen each (that's 9960 yen per season). It has been released up to season 2 and I think season 3, too. I don't know if CDJapan will have these available, but they should.

9. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

For those that don't know the conversion, right now it's about 130yen-$1US, or about $115/season (plus it'll cost about $20 to ship)

Warner is cranking their TV output this year, whether or not it will include ER (theoretically it should, given that it's in syndication for quite awhile), and it's up to you whether you want to spring for the Japanese or wait and see on the US issues

Given that the sets have been done for foreign markets, I'm guessing they'd be more inclined to release them here

10. Eric Walsh

Eric Walsh Stunt Coordinator

With Friends supposedly coming out in full seasons on DVD starting in April, I was hoping that E.R. would follow or precede, whatever Warner decides. Let's cross our fingers and hope for special editions of both great but differnt shows.

11. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer