What's new

Where is CLOAK AND DAGGER? (1 Viewer)

Haden

Supporting Actor
I have a special fondness for this movie starring Dabney Coleman and Henry Thomas, for it was one of my favorites as a child. Why hasn't it been released on DVD yet? Who owns the rights to it?

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I've been patiently waiting this movie for quite some time too. I would just be happy with a barebones anamorphic widescreen disc.

Last I heard Universal owned the rights to this movie. Hopefully it will come out soon!

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
It's been one of my favorites for many years. I think I started watching it once it hit cable in the mid to late 80's. Whenever I come across this movie on TV I always watch it.

A DVD would be nice! :)

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
All I remember about this movie is some creepy lady with only three fingers on one hand.

I'd love to see it again on DVD.

EDIT: Oh my, was that a major plot point? Oops...it HAS been a while! :b

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator
OMG OMG! I love that movie.
Very strong fondness for it as well as child. That and D.A.R.Y.L. I just loved and would still enjoy today.

Haden

Supporting Actor
The great thing about Cloak and Dagger is that it didn't dumb things down to make this a silly kid's movie (like the Spy Kids movies). It has a lot of serious moments of suspense, drama, and murder. I thought Henry Thomas did a really good acting job given his young age... even better than E.T.

I used to watch it a lot in the 80s whenever it came on HBO, and it's probably been 10 years since I've seen this. It's an underrated classic and I'm anxious to finally get it on DVD and see it again.

Todd_B

Second Unit
A favorite of mine from my childhood and would make a great addition to my collection.

Todd B

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i loved this as well, used to rent it all the time. i'd also like to see d.a.r.y.l. as well, that was one of my childhood favorites. kids movies will be dumbed down forever most likely, we will never see good kids movies like cloak and dagger or the goonies again. good thing i'm not a kid anymore i guess.

CJ

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
good thing i'm not a kid anymore
far from dated material. Ok the Atari 5200 and the games are dated but heck, I wanted one when I had my trusty 2600.

For me E.T. will always be Henry Thomas' crown jewel, the role of a lifetime. But C&D almost expanded upon what we saw in E.T. from Thomas.

Bill Burns

Supporting Actor
This remains one of my favorite films of the 80's (along with 1989's Weekend at Bernie's). I'd love to own it on a well-produced DVD (anamorphic OAR, NO edge enhancement/halos, a DVD-9 to maximize the bit budget, NOT to include an MAR version), and hey, if Henry Thomas and Dabney Coleman want to reunite for a commentary, you'll hear no complaints here. :emoji_thumbsup: Another commentary by the director would also be welcome. Hey, if MGM can manage two commentaries on their recent Vampire horror double bill for $14.95, I think we can reasonably expect similar quality from other studios.

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I'd love to see this on DVD. I was 11-12 when it came out, and went to see it several times at the theater, then watched it over and over on cable. Plus, Dabney Coleman has always been a blast to watch, and I thought he was great in this.

John_bri

Grip
Cloak and Dagger is the best. I unfortunately didn't watch it back in the 80's but enjoyed it in the late 90's when I was 14. I love Atari and it takes me back when my family had a VCS.

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
It is funny that you posted this. Just a couple of days ago I was making a list of old movies that I wanted to check and see if they had come out on DVD and this was one of them. Sad to hear that it is not out yet. Hope it comes out soon.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I loved this movie, and I suspect it would largely hold up for me even now. It always seemed like a perfect companion piece to Wargames.

It seemed to me the girl sidekick (who went on to be the friend on that stupid Out of This World show) was sort of this movie's version of Gertie from E.T. Granted, she was older, but I don't think they played up a "love interest" angle with Henry Thomas.

Can't have too many movies that show off the San Antonio riverwalk. :emoji_thumbsup:

Anyway, I'd love to have it, but with my luck, they'd MAR it. :angry:

Haden

Supporting Actor
Almost a year after I started this thread, I'm bumping it to see if there's any news of this movie coming to DVD??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks