Where is Boston Public?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin M, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Kevin M

Kevin M Producer

I know Fox scored the broadcast rights to baseball in my area but are they just not going to show any of the fall seasons episodes at all?
    I don't want BP getting the "Futurerama shell game" treatment.
    EDIT: I'm sorry that I didn't do a little more homework before starting this thread, the season premiere of Boston Public is on 10/21/02....sorry for the waste of bandwidth.

2. Mike Graham

Mike Graham Supporting Actor

Can't blame you for the bewilderment - FOX airs their premieres so late in the fall it almost feels like we wait the entire summer and fall to see our favorite shows again. Truthfully, I enjoy having 24 and Boston Public coming back so late so I can concentrate better on school work for the first two months; after that its back to being glued to the screen every Tuesday night...[​IMG]

3. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

It sucks not having shows like Boston Public and 24 premiering now, but it all pays off during repeat season in the spring. If memory serves, while the other networks were alternating repeats with new episodes Fox ran new episodes of 24 for something like 8 weeks...
    JQ

4. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

BP's new season begins on either 10/21 or 10/28...I am pretty sure it is the 21st

5. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

6. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

7. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

Which is EXACTLY why Fox holds these shows back. They want the Boys of Summer to finish up so people won't forget about the programs they've been watching. Take Fastlane for instance...it aired twice and now it's GONE until Baseball is done! That's a tough start for a new show with stiff competion!

8. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Yeah, but it's "Fastlane". Fox probably figures that it's a show that they can plug hard during the playoffs because it shares a similar audience, and I don't think it's terribly serialized. Plus, they sort of needed to do a pre-emptive strike because of how cutthroat Wednesday at 9pm is going to be - if they held it until November, the non-"West Wing" audience might have all committed to "Birds Of Prey", "The Amazing Race", "The Bachelor" or "The Twilight Zone".

9. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

That's a very good point Jason, but I can tell you this...

Fox is VERY worried about the break in Baseball, but there's really nothing we can do about it. We spents MILLIONS on baseball and we're damn sure gonna air it..you know?

10. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

They probably are worried but it's also a great time for them to advertise new and returning shows during almost every inning, which will either get them new viewers or drive people crazy enough that they promise to never watch any FOX show again, plus it gives them one less month of reruns during the season.