What's new

Where is a good place to buy a Cold Cathode PC Case Light? (1 Viewer)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
like the topic says... I need a Blue Cold Cathode light for the inside of my new case (307 Zeus from ColorCases.com)
Where is the best place to buy one? A hobby shop? Online? And how much does one usually go for?
Thanks. :D

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Thanks! I'm going to order a green cold cathode from Directron.com (along with a 400W power supply). I have been hearing good things about these little babies (much brighter and more efficient than neon from what I hear) ... The price is right too... only $35 (I have seen them for $45 elsewhere, and without a switch).
I promise I'll post some pics next month when I get the computer done... until then... Later. :D

Camp

Senior HTF Member
You made the right call. The LEDs, while very bright, don't fill a case nearly as well as a 12" CCD. The EL strips are not nearly bright enough as your main source of internal lighting...but they're cool for extra lighting.

The Directon CCDs are made by PCMods.com. They're the best on the market. Good clean kits...not made by some guy in a garage. I acutally have one of their blue ones in my Lian Li right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks