What's new

Where in time would you go??... (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Man? That's awefully broad Patrick. Let's just say it plagues a lot of people.

Of course some would say it plagues everyone, but they just don't know it (yet) :D.

--
H

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Without going into such detail as would violate forum rules, I'd respectfully suggest that a lot of people, believers and non-believers, think they already have the answers to the biggest of those questions. Many of those who don't believe in the divinity of Christ (from atheists and agnostics to members of other faiths) probably wouldn't be all that interested in seeing or meeting Jesus, while those who do might feel unworthy to intrude on those events.

Regards,

Joe

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Thank you every "I know better than you what's better for you" person I every met.:rolleyes:

Me, I'm going straight to the Roundhouse Club, London, July 4th 1976. Bonus points to anyone who knows the significance of the US Bicentennial at this rock club in London.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
What's with all the cheating? Scanners? Videotapes? Everyone knows you go back naked. The question is where and when would you go to see what it was like, not how to change all history by greedily collecting data/trinkets.

I would choose Athens at it's height. No reason other than curious to know what it was like in such a historic society. Oh, and maybe Atlantis if it ever actually existed. ;)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

So now we're back to Scarlett's shower again? :) (Hey, Marilyn's too, while we're at it.)

The only problem with going to a lot of these places is you'd either have to spend years learning a dead language (and hope that modern guesses about how words sounded are right) or bring along a translator.

And of course preventing the things we're witnessing would presumably be out of the question. I suspect that if the universe were so carelessly designed to allow something like time travel that there'd be some kind of built-in mechanism that would prevent any changes that would signficantly distort the time flow. (So the door to the president's box would stick if you tried to intercept John Wilkes Booth, for instance, or your attempt to stowaway aboard Amelia Earhart's plane would fail, or you'd lose Judge Crater in a crowd before he disappeared.)

Regards,

Joe

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Even if it doesn't fit in to your belief system the reality is it has played a major role in the history of man over the last two thousand years. I just think that not wanting empirical proof one way or the other smacks of foolish arrogance or simple doubt in one’s beliefs.

By the way it has nothing to do with meeting anyone and ever thing to do with observing in the background.

Oh since we can take more then one trip I would also like to be around Philadelphia in the summer of 1776.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

No thanks. Smack dab in the middle of summer, 56 guys wearing hot velvet suits trapped inside a small building; all well before the advent of deodorant? Uggh. :thumbsdown:

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I don't disagree with this. I was just pointing out that there are an awful lot of people on this planet who don't care. Not as in, "I don't believe this", no, I mean, really, really don't care. Like the Wang family in inner Mongolia, or the Gupta in the West Bengal, to name a few. That's a lot of people.

--
H

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Well, if I were allowed to change history, then I'd pick one and only one time: Any one of the few days before 09/11/01.

And 09/03/03 to tell my best friend that I loved her.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
1.) NYC in the future, probably about 50 to 100 years from now. I think it would be interesting to see how things have changed, and the new technology that we'd have.

2.)Miami, 1980's. Just to see what it was like at the place where I was born.

3.) Atlantis, if it existed.

Jimi C

Screenwriter
Best Buy in 5 years so I can buy a 72" 1080p set off the clearence rack for $100. Oh, and a Sony HD-DVD/Blue Ray player for $50 after mail in rebate.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Hey JimiC, while your at Best Buy would you pick me up a nice HD camcorder off clearance too? It might be useful when I get to Scarlett Johansson's shower... ;)

Alex-C

Screenwriter
I'd like to check out some hot dinosaur action, I hear them brotosaurases really go at it....

then way in the future, hopefully before we blow each other to smithereens.

check out the technology and hover craft...

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Easy...April 10th 1912, Southhampton dock, England 11.00 am.

Those who've seen me around know the significance of that date and why I want to be there.

Second, I would have to go back and try as hard as I could to dissuaed Madonna from pursuing a music carreer, not because I dislike Madonna, but because I dislike Britney Spears. She was directly influenced by Madonna, so, no Madonna = no Britney Spears.

Better world for everyone. ;)

Third, I would travel back to 1977 so that I could see Star Wars in the theater on opening weekend. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Definitely as is. It would be beyond cool to hang out with future Sex Pistols, Clash and Jam members at the very moment they realize "Wow, we really don't need talent, we just need attitude." :cool:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Yep, only a matter of time. ;)

I said 11am because I wanted at least an hour to check out the ship before it left at noon. It would probably take all of my strength not to break down crying because i'd be the only one there who knows what happens 4 days later. :frowning: It's astonishing to me to think that if I were to simply hand Frederick Fleet or Reginald Lee a pair of binoculars before they boarded, I could change all that, wow.

But, that would cause a ripple effect that would prevent many safety upgrades to ships that resulted because of TITANIC's fate. However I see no reason why I couldn't snap a few pictures with one of them newfangled digital cameras that they had in 1912...oh wait...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks